Temporary Full Time, Afternoons (2 pm- 10 pm, 75 hours bi-weekly)
Seasons Milton Retirement Community
760 Bronte Street South, Milton, Ontario
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the workplace for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents' lives through meaningful connections and creating 'Wow Moments' that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
Note during COVID-19:
Make a difference in the life of a senior when they need you the most.
Our greatest priority is the health and safety of our team members and residents. At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies.
While the position outlined below is our company’s standard description of the role, we understand that these are unprecedented times. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the wellbeing of the successful candidate.
The Position. We’re looking for a Care Coordinator, RPN for the Memory Care Department. Reporting to the Memory Care Manager, the Care Coordinator is responsible for providing professional nursing care to residents in accordance with required medical care and established service plans and best practices.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates.
- Group discounts on home & auto insurance
- Corporate discounts for Goodlife Fitness memberships
- Sound knowledge and background in seniors retirement housing including activation, nursing and personnel administration;
- Knowledge of the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada) and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes which influence the operation of the Retirement Home and more specifically, the care department
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the elderly and/or disabled
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, the residents and their families, and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Initiative, good judgment and supervisory abilities
- Strong organizational and assessment skills
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, service team members and guests
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Computer proficiency
- RN or RPN designation and current registration with the College of Nurses
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification
All Care Coordinators who will be administering medications to residents shall have completed the following:
o An RPN Nursing program which contains a Medication Administration course as part of the core program
o An RPN Medication Administration Certificate program provided in Ontario since 1985 or;
o o A Medication Administration Certificate course equivalent to the course content offered in the Ontario Community College Registered Practical Nurse Medication Administration Certificate program
- Responds to resident call bells/pendants promptly as required
- To facilitate residents’ move in and transfers where applicable
- Monitor the well-being of all residents, including both those residents who receive care and those not requiring care
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individualized care to meet the residents' physical and emotional needs for all residents every six (6) month or as assigned. Ensure resident service plan is initiated in collaboration with other members of the Resident and Guest Services Team and ensure compliance with the regulation