Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and working as part of the maintenance team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and rebuilding corrugate manufacturing machinery.
- Maintaining and repairing pneumatic and hydraulic equipment and components.
- Completing planned work order requests on time.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Valid Inter-Provincial Red Seal Millwright certificate.
- Minimum three (3) years experience, preferably in the corrugate industry.
- Ability to work a three (3) shift MAD rotation.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Welding experience will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrate the fundamental values of Cascades Containerboard Packaging (Respect, Teamwork, Communication, Adaptability, Autonomy, Initiative).
What we offer:
- A competitive hourly rate
- The ability to progress through a large organization by working in multiple positions
- A benefit plan that offers heath benefits, dental benefits, STD & LTD benefits, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accident disability insurance, retiree benefits
- An exceptional Defined Benefit (DB) pension plan
- A Share Purchase Plan after one year of continuous service
- Profit sharing that is unique to all other companies
Please note that we are unionized facility. Thank you for your interest but only those successful to the interview stage will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42.72 /hour
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Millwright: 5 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Red Seal (Preferred)