Capital Foodservice is looking for a Class 1 licensed Shunt Truck Driver to join our team! The successful candidate will have an excellent driving record, with experience hauling trains, or delivering exceptional customer service as a Delivery Driver. This is a full time position that will have you home every day! Our Shunt Truck Driver's work evenings into the overnight period Sunday - Thursday.
- Must have a valid class 1 driver’s license,
- Ability to maneuver company fleet equipment in safe and defensive manner,
- Flexibility to fill in for delivery or shunt as needed,
- Maintain accurate daily paperwork and documentation such as driver daily logs, pre-post trip inspection reports,
- Provide courteous and exception service with all delivery customers,
- Other duties as required.
Position is Unionized, increases will be in accordance with the Collective Agreement. Employee will reach top rate within three years. We also offer a competitive benefits package.
Capital Foodservice Limited is a Canadian family owned and operated business. Our Atlantic Canadian team works throughout the Maritimes to service local businesses.
· Our VISION is to exceed our customers expectations one delivery at a time
Capital Foodservice is a well-established and recognized full-service provider of both Foodservice and Retail products. We specialize in serving both markets and this makes us a unique distributor capable of meeting the needs of many businesses in today’s everchanging market.
Our team told us that we need to stand out from the crowd, stay ahead of trends and always focus on managing cost. With the support of our Team, we created our Core Values.
Our Core Values(like Our Mission)- define the standards of behavior for every employee at Capital Foodservice.
Safety – At Capital Foodservice we firmly believe in and are committed to ensuring that our operations are carried out in a way that ensures the health and safety of everyone which includes our employees, visitors and customers
Integrity – Holding the highest level of integrity as our standard of conduct, our actions and commitments demonstrate responsibility and accountability. We act with integrity and an internal code of honor always doing the right thing, even when nobody’s watching.
Ownership & Accountability – We acknowledge ownership and accountability of our action and accept responsibility for the consequences without exception.
Continuous Improvement to serve you better – We believe in the ongoing effort to improve the quality of everything we do as an essential tool in providing a competitive edge. We relentlessly pursue excellence in projects, products, processes, and services, and define success as getting the right things done well. Simply put, we strive to enhance the excellence of our product and quality of our service through a desire for continuous improvement
Valuing People - “We respect and care for all.”
· In being respectful and courteous in all our interactions
· In giving back to our communities
· In staying humble and curious
· In listening to others for understanding
· Supporting each other to reach our full potential
· Being proud of each other’s achievements
To learn more about Capital Foodservice visit our website at www.capitalfoodservice.ca, or follow us on Facebook!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Capital Foodservice is committed to doing our part to shorten the COVID-19 curve, and as such have implemented a strong operational plan in support of maintaining the health and well-being of all team members, their families and our customers.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miramichi, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- hauling trains: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 1 Licence (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)