Are you someone who has a real passion for serving others? Are you a Registered Nurse looking to showcase your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment?
Island Health is looking for a patient-focused team players to join their team of compassionate and dedicated nurses who provide care to patients in our Operating Rooms and Post Anesthetic Care Units.
In addition to our Physicians, our staff teams consist of Perioperative Nurses, Post Anesthetic Care Unit Nurses, Anesthesia Assistants, Medical Device Reprocessing Department Staff, and Health Care Assistants.
Our perioperative units are state of the art, and allow our multidisciplinary teams provide a comprehensive array of services across the Island.
- The Victoria General Hospital and Royal Jubilee Hospital are the Island's primary centres for trauma.
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital, located mid-Island, is a major referral centre for general surgery.
- Duncan in this slightly smaller community, Cowichan District Hospital continues its own OR upgrades to accommodate expanded services with three operating suites.
- West Coast General Hospital serves the communities of Port Alberni, Parksville, Qualicum Beach, Tofino and Ucluelet.
- The North Island Hospital Campbell River & District has two endoscopy suites and four operating rooms that support surrounding communities and islands. Comox Valley Hospital has six operating rooms and two endoscopy suites.
Education, Training And Experience
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Recognized post-basic Peri-operative or PACU education required for clinical areas, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic Life Support, Level C required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support for Emergency Room, ICU and Critical Care Relief Pool required.
- Two years' recent related experience for critical care and speciality units (i.e. Emergency, ICU, O.R., P.A.R., Obstetrics, Paediatrics, Psychiatry);
- Scrub nurse experience plus one year's recent related experience for all other areas.
Skills And Abilities
If you would love to work with a progressive and cohesive team, we would love to hear from you! Apply Today!
- Link to Full Job Description *
- Additional information for applicants *
Are you a Registered Nurse looking to showcase your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? Island Health is looking for a patient-focused team players to join their team of compassionate and dedicated nurses who provide care to patients in our Operating Rooms and Post Anesthetic Care Units Regular full time, Part time, Temporary and casual positions may be available
- Campbell River & District General Hospital - Campbell River, BC V9W 3V1 CA
- Comox Valley Hospital - Courtenay, BC V9N 0B9 CA
- Cowichan District Hospital - Duncan, BC V9L 1E5 CA
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital - Nanaimo, BC V9S 2B7 CA
- Royal Jubilee Hospital - Victoria, BC V8R 1J8 CA
- Victoria General Hospital - Victoria, BC V8Z 6R5 CA (Primary)
- West Coast General Hospital - Port Alberni, BC V9Y 4S1 CA
Travel Requirement: No travel required
Shift Start Time/End Time: As required
Days Off: Rotating
Vacancy Type: Regular FT
Salary Range (Hourly Rate): $35.53 - $46.65
CRC required? (employee will be working with or have access to children or vulnerable adults and requires a Criminal Record Check): Required for Professional Registration
Reference ID: 128557
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33.53-$46.65 per hour