The scenic town of Bay Bulls is located about 20 minutes outside of Newfoundland’s capital city of St. John’s. Bay Bulls, NL has many tourist attractions and various East Coast Trails with beautiful scenic views. With many whale and bird watching tours right in the heart of the coastal town you can experience hiking, kayaking, and icebergs right outside your door.
This is a GREAT opportunity to get to experience some of the highlights the coastal towns of Newfoundland have to offer and to grow and develop as a Physiotherapist.
Some of the competitive offerings include, but not limited to the following:
- Great compensation package with a flexible work schedule;
- Full reception and administrative duties provided by a full time receptionist;
- Yearly education reimbursement;
- Kinesiology students will take care of exercises and stretching with patients;
- Employees have full access to a gym, and hot yoga studio for FREE which is located in the same building; and
- A team-oriented work environment, that continues to grow.
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Physiotherapist on behalf of one of our Clients. Interested candidates will be required to be a registered Physiotherapist in Canada with successful completion of the Physiotherapy Competency Examination.
As a physiotherapist you'll help patients with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury, disability or aging to improve their movement. You'll devise and review treatment programs using manual therapy (such as massage), therapeutic exercise and electrotherapy.
As well as treating patients, you'll also promote their health and wellbeing and provide advice on how to avoid injury and self-manage long-term conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with patients who have a range of conditions, including neurological, neuromusculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory, sometimes over a period of weeks;
- Diagnose, assess and treat patients physical problem/condition;
- Develop and review treatment programs that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques;
- Involve parents and care givers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients;
- Educate patients and their care givers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions;
- Write patient case notes and reports and collect statistics;
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, such as GPs, occupational therapists and social workers, to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patients who require other medical attention;
- Keep up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients;
- Supervise student and junior physiotherapists and physiotherapy support workers;
- Be legally responsible and accountable for your work;
- Manage clinical risk.
Education and Experience:
- Successfully completed the Physiotherapy Competency Examination (PCE);
- Member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) to be eligible to work in Newfoundland;
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy from an accredited institution within Canada/ College Diploma in Physiotherapy.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Be charismatic, compassionate, and professional at all times;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract