Welcome to GFL Maple Ridge!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with over 9,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for a part time energetic and driven Scale House Attendant to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, we offer the following:
- A healthy and safe workplace culture
- Continuous growth and opportunity for career advancement
- A competitive RRSP/DPSP program (after 1 year of employment), helping you plan for financial success down the road
- Modern and well-maintained equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your family
Ensure that all vehicles entering the landfill are inspected, weighed and charged appropriately.
- Weighs vehicles entering the landfill site, identifies contents of vehicles and customer residency and calculates the appropriate fee to be charged for disposal of refuse
- Balance accounts at the end of the day and prepare cash receipts for deposit and charge receipts for billing
- Visually inspects loads for hazardous waste and advise haulers of questionable material on proper procedure for disposal
- Answers customer inquiries relative to landfill use and charges and recycling
- Directs vehicles using the landfill relative to proper dumping areas, such as composting, yard waste, recycling and household hazardous wastes
- Other duties that may arise as assigned by supervisor or members of the Management
- High school Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years’ experience in a customer service position involving receipt and disbursement of money or comparable experience
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Perform basic mathematics in determining the proper amount to charge for dumping at the landfill
- Read and accurately record scale reading, make change concerning collection of moneys and balance the cash receipt daily
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public
- Deal with public, general contractors and suppliers courteously and tactfully
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent