Parkhill, ON N0M 2K0, Canada Req #214
Sunday, December 6, 2020
WANTED Independent Contractor for Recycled Textile Collection
Are you looking to make extra income? Be your own Boss? Would you like flexible hours?
What you will do:
Collecting and storing recycled textiles and small household items from Diabetes Canada donation bins that are placed in the community.
Who are you?
Someone who likes to work independently, work flexible hours during the week, and earn extra income.
Skills and Requirements:
- Empty donation bins on a regular basis (scheduled provided)
- Bag loose items as required (bags supplied)
- Ensure cleanliness around the donation boxes
- Complete weekly service log sheets
- Transport goods to storage facility when required (storage supplied)
- Meet Diabetes Canada Driver to load goods on truck
- Only applicants who operate/own a large vehicle such as a van, cube van or pick-up truck will be considered
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must have or be willing to get an HST # which is free, and we will help you obtain
- You could be eligible for CRA deductions such as vehicle, gas, maintenance and technology
- Contract position so hours are part time and flexible.
- compensation varies depending on volume of donations collected and stored
Through our National Diabetes Trust operations, we divert more than 48 million kilograms of clothing and household items from landfills. One hundred per cent of net proceeds directly supports Diabetes Canada and helps send more than 2,400 children and youth with type 1 diabetes to Diabetes Canada's D-Camps. Additionally, we raise funds for world-leading diabetes research, education, and advocacy.
As a contractor, you are part of our national coverage in 2,500 communities. Earn income while making a difference raising money for life altering charitable programs, all while helping the environment. Currently we have close to 200 contractors across Canada and are growing.
Pay Type Hourly