Applied Industrial Technologies is an extensive network of industrial distribution facilities located throughout Canada. We are currently seeking and have an immediate opening for a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Service Centre Managerat our Hamilton, ONlocation.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Service Centre Manager is responsible for providing leadership in the development and execution of the Service Centre operations strategy. The support of the overall business plan, the strategic direction of the company, specifically in the areas of operations management. The Service Centre Manager is expected to represent the company in a positive and professional manner, while driving continuous improvement and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This role will be a champion for safety and will differentiate through superior customer service.
- Responsible and accountable for leading, driving, managing and developing associates in the Service Centre to drive growth and profitability, and to provide customer sales and service satisfaction.
- Responsible for the performance management of the Service Centre financial reporting, asset management, operational metrics and company policies and procedures that drive the required business behaviors and results.
- Effectively manage and execute daily the service center workflow, following the Service Center Manager’s Standard of Work.
- Create, review, and approve repair, machining and fabrication customer proposals and/or quotations as required
- Hire, train and develop associates following company standards and policies. Conduct associate performance reviews regularly, establish individual goals and ensure completion of relevant training.
- Measure progress of work; instruct and assist associates as to procedures, standards of performance and work. Maintain morale, and associate relations.
- Manage work processes and functions for continuous improvement opportunities aligned with company value realization.
- Maintain adequate field, industrial, and competitive contacts. Anticipate or to keep current on developments in products, prices, promotions, and other related fields. In other words; know your market and act accordingly.
- Facilitate staff and training meetings, product performance reviews and inventory management.
- Assume direct responsibility for accounts as required by business conditions.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely records of business transactions.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating budget and monitor actual to plan. Implement corrective actions where necessary.
- Participate in formulating and successfully implementing goals and objectives.
- Access to assets within area of responsibility is permitted only in accordance with general or specific authorization.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Quality, Health and Safety programs
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Business manager and in leadership role, who will be able to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement comprehensive customer service and sales programs and initiatives; be able to work with all levels of organizational leadership to build and implement business strategies and tactics; have a demonstrated background in talent management and associate development; as well as have a proven ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high performance teams.
The selected manager must have the ability to bring immediate credibility to the service center function through his/her performance, professional qualifications and leadership skills as well as project and demonstrate our core values. Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills are required.
- 3 or more years of related management experience in an industrial distribution market/environment preferred although not necessary.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma from an accredited college/university or significant industry experience
- Travel as appropriate to for business and customer meetings
- Systems proficiency in ERP and computer related systems.
- Shop Experience and/or a technical background would be an asset
- Local market knowledge
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrated decision making and leadership abilities
- Ability to work independently to take responsibility for day-to-day tasks of operating the service centre (s) and driving sales
- Proficient computer skills – SAP experience is an asset
Applied Industrial Technologies offers competitive salary, comprehensive group benefit plan, capped company matching RRSP contributions and ongoing opportunities for training and development.
Job Type: Full-time
- related industrial distribution management: 3 years (Required)