Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for all facets of inventory management. The Inventory Control Specialist must ensure all transactions and activities affecting inventory are recorded properly by verification through physical inventories, daily/weekly reporting and audits. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Manage the weekly cycle count program.
- Identify issues and trends with inventory. Develop root cause and corrective action plans to address issues.
- Manage weekly expiration and obsolescence report.
- Responsible for all inventory adjustments.
- Support Post-Production and help ensure work orders are closed within 1 business day of completion.
- Manage reporting of Supply Chain KPI’s such as inventory accuracy and perfect shipment.
- Assist with the development and management of the inventory tempering process.
- Report on inventory and material usage to customers for customer owned material.
- Responsible for all material destruction.
- Coordinate all inventories as required by auditors or customers.
- Assists Warehouse department with administrative tasks such as organizing work order repairs for forklifts, scheduling repair appointments, managing inbound and outbound paperwork for customers.
- 3-5 years’ of experience as an inventory specialist or warehouse coordinator
- Proficient in cycle counting, MRP/ERP systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Must possess strong critical thinking, process improvement and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for learning and growing to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.