Canem brings nearly 60 years of practical experience using the latest prefabrication and project management technologies in the electrical, data communications and security sectors.
With offices across Western Canada, we pride ourselves on being contractors that care and are looking to build our team in the Lethbridge branch. We invite you to review our website to learn more about Canem. If you feel that Canem would be a fit for you, please apply in confidence to join our growing and dynamic team of professionals.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting and assisting the Project Managers for effective execution of projects and achievement of goals. This responsibility includes the preparation and documentation of project related documents, supporting estimating and project budgeting processes and managing small projects where assigned. The Project Coordinator reports directly to the Operations Manager.
General Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator is responsible for duties assigned by the supervisor, including:
- Assisting project managers with the preparation of price, cost and budget estimates, tracking and administering change orders to ensure they are prepared and finalized in accordance with established company standards, supporting ongoing communication with customers, suppliers and electrical engineering consultants, and estimating and managing small jobs as assigned.
- Monitoring and reporting on job billing status and job report status on a monthly basis, assisting project managers with drafting and using engineering programs, ensuring billings are prepared and in accordance with established company standards, assisting in closing projects and supporting the compilation of electrical manual.
- Marketing of the company and selling of potential future projects and work required to expand and maintain our business, building effective relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers, marketing the company and its services to existing and new clients, engineers, planners, and other potential contacts.
- Coordinating aspects of the project as assigned by the project manager including liaising with field staff and attending regular job site meetings, ordering of materials, tools and equipment as directed by the project manager, providing technical support for field staff and customer as required.
- Providing administrative assistance to project managers, including general administration, contract documentation, provision of permits, issuing purchase orders and file maintenance, and participating in pre-planning and preparation of projects.
- Providing an example of professionalism as a responsible and goal-oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
This job description provides a general guideline for areas of responsibility. Additional detailed job responsibilities and individual goals are set for the employee with their supervisor.
The Project Coordinator position requires a motivated technical individual with excellent knowledge and experience in electrical construction and communication projects, excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently prioritize competing tasks. Proficiency in engineering, design and other related computer programs is a requirement.
- 1 – 3 years experience in technical support position for construction projects
- 2 – 5 years experience in electrical engineering or construction environment
- Strong knowledge in working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) applications
- Experience with SAP an asset
- Excellent ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adaptable
- Strong organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Effective communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic and desire to excel with professional development
- Solutions oriented, diplomacy and ability to initiate new methods and procedures to improve results
We offer generous compensation programs and performance driven incentives to reward our people.
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player and want to work with a dynamic group of professionals, please send your resume in confidence noting your salary expectations in your cover letter.
We thank all of those who apply for their interest but will only be able to follow up with candidates who we would like to interview. Please note all applicants must be eligible and able to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Lethbridge (Preferred)