Accountable for the receiving, shipping, warehousing, garbage control, storage, recycling and distribution processes and teams for a single warehouse facility. Manages a Warehouse Supervisor and team members. The Warehouse & Logistics Manager is guided by the Savers Vision and Core Values. Reports to the General Manager.
This position is ideal for a Warehouse/Logistics Manager currently in a small or medium size warehouse operation or a Warehouse/Logistics Supervisor looking to take the next step in their career.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
· Ability to communicate well in both verbal and written forms.
· Ability to observe, assess and coach the work of others.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or verbal form.
· Ability to reason, make decisions, and use independent judgment in various situations.
· Ability to work cross-functionally and with external vendors and customers.
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
· Experience with warehouse management systems (preferred).
Essential Job Functions:
Warehouse/Logistics Performance & Results
· Monitors the day-to-day activities of warehouse/logistics operations including shipping, receiving, picking and packing, garbage control, recycling, storage, seasonal back stock, loading unprocessed product into the starting conveyor, and inventory control, ensuring all functions flow efficiently. Observes and validates effectiveness of work processes and efficiency of labor. Course corrects as required.
· Oversees facility reroute management, garbage removal and recycling; collaborates with other managers within the facility to ensure all cross-functional areas operate smoothly with minimal disruption.
· Ensures the effective flow of all types of inventory, in various forms of production, across the facility.
· Oversees storage areas and requirements including trailer management.
· Works with Regional Supply Chain Manager (RSCM) and non-profit partners to ensure the right supply and stock-on-hand.
· Works, in partnership with store management, to effectively manage the removal of on-site donations (OSDs), reroutes and recycling from the stores to the warehouse.
· Ensures the integrity, accuracy, and execution of all administrative activities in support of the warehouse/logistics operations, in partnership with the Administration Manager, including non-profit paperwork, bills of lading, backstock and recycling entries.
· Works effectively and collaborates on solutions with trucking/logistics carriers and non-profit partners to ensure the efficient movement of goods to and from the stores, recycled product to Savers’ Distribution Center, and timely garbage pickups. Works with freight forwarders and brokers to ensure the scheduled delivery of domestic and international shipments.
· Ensures the Savers recycling program is fully leveraged to reduce landfill and allow for further reuse of un-saleable items. Partners with Recycling Department to keep up to date on Savers standards for recycling and disposal (including removal of hazardous material). Maintains recycling processing quality control for outgoing recycling items direct shipped and discusses quality of outgoing items to Distribution Center (DC) where applicable.
· Complies with federal, provincial warehousing, recycling, material handling and shipping requirements.
Supply & Equipment Maintenance:
· Oversees all maintenance requirements within the warehouse including machinery replacement and major repairs. Regularly inspects machinery, including Compression and Pneumatic equipment, to determine need for repairs/maintenance with a goal of minimizing down-time. Ensures equipment maintenance schedules are followed. Initiates requisitions for machinery replacement with the General Manager.
· Manages, in partnership with the Administration Manager, the upkeep of department-specific supplies to ensure minimal down-time and to meet health and safety standards.
Leadership & Development:
· Partners with Warehouse Supervisor and Administration Manager to proactively plan planning staffing needs, recruiting, selecting, and training all team members within the Warehouse function.
· Regularly interacts, trains, coaches, and counsels the team.
· Identifies and develops high potential team members for the supervisor position through on-the-job, guided work.
· Role models and maintains a respectful, values-driven workplace that adheres to all Savers’ Policies and Procedures.
Safety & Loss Prevention:
· Maintains a safe work environment through education, consistent follow up, ensuring policies and procedures are in adherence, and supporting the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC).
· Protects company assets and information by ensuring their safe handling, security and integrity.
· Proactively promotes loss prevention awareness by upholding procedures and ensuring policies are in place.
· Conducts training for forklift and baler certifications.
Education, Training, and Experience:
· High School diploma: Post-Secondary degree/diploma (in Supply Chain, Business, or related field) preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in Savers operations managing warehouse and/or distribution functions.
· 5+ years of experience in results-driven warehouse/distribution management (external candidates).
· Working knowledge of recycling financial data, budgets, and variance analysis.
· Sound knowledge of industry-specific equipment.
· Chemical and regulatory experience. Knowledge of recycling industry and standards for textiles, scrap metal, plastics, electronics, and cardboard.
· Must possess/obtain forklift and baler trainer certificates.
Physical Requirements and Equipment Used:
· Must be able to frequently lift and carry products weighing less than 5 lbs. Will occasionally need to lift and carry products weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional pushing and pulling of racks/carts/pallet jacks weighing 50 to 250 pounds using 4 – 10 lbs. of force.
· Frequent reaching out in various levels/directions to inspect/handle merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team.
· Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding, writing on documents/forms, merchandise & pricing inspection.
· Continuous standing, frequent walking and stair climbing, stooping, bending, and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to handle &/or inspect merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team.
· Frequently required to read written & electronic documents and product labels.
· Continuously needs to hear and verbally communicate in order to interact with and respond to management and team members. Will need to hear requests in person and via intercom and telephone.
· Frequently exposed to hazardous machinery (compactor, baler, forklift, conveyors, robots), solvents (cleaners, detergents), radiation (Microwave in break room), continuously exposed to dust and frequently exposed to temperature fluctuations.
What you can expect:
A commitment to protecting the health and safety of our Team Members. Great benefits, paid training, career development, bonus opportunities, a competitive wage, and a 50% Team Member discount. Our Team is a great one, made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute. You’ll positively impact Team Members, Customers, Donors, Your Community, and the Environment.
Savers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care