Do you have a passion for education? Do you enjoy helping students attain their academic goals? Are you looking to work in a dynamic, synergic environment at a fast-growing educational institution?
About KEY Education
KEY Education is a Vancouver-based admissions guidance and learning enrichment company. While we may be a local market leader, our reach is global. Our team consists of qualified professionals who are passionate about education, making KEY the trusted source for families seeking top-quality supplementary education services and guidance in applying to their dream schools around the world at all levels, from preschool through to graduate programs.
We are looking for experienced English and/or Math educators with extensive knowledge and understanding of current pedagogy and innovative methodology to teach students. We believe that a strong foundation through education will set students on the right path to success. We seek like-minded individuals to join our team.
- Work with students ranging from Grade 1 to Grade 12.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning and foster your student’s interest in English and/or Math.
- Work with students to build their foundational knowledge subject area.
- Develop student’s skills in English and/or Math. This improvement must be demonstrated through a student’s improved grades in their successive school report cards and/or through KEY’s internal academic assessment process.
- Use relevant technology to enhance learning.
- Provide appropriate feedback on student work, progress, or concerns to KEY stakeholders.
- Work integrally with KEY to improve the company’s curriculum.
- Teach students at either of KEY’s campuses (located at Oak Street and West 41st Avenue in Vancouver and Haywood Avenue in West Vancouver), at the student’s home, or online through the Zoom platform.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Literature, Creative Writing, or Education, or Math preferably from a Canadian, US, or UK university, or a comparable credentials.
- An Education Degree from an accredited institution or related field of teaching is an asset.
- A TESOL certificate or equivalent is an asset.
- Prior teaching and/or tutoring experience is greatly valued.
- Familiarity with the BC Ministry of Education English or Math curriculum is an asset.
- Capability to learn quickly
- Adaptability to changing conditions and priorities
- Cultural sensitivity: promote an inclusive environment exemplified by understanding various cultural groups
- Problem-solving: use logic and analytical methods to develop realistic solutions
- Organized at maintaining students’ records
- Genuine interest in and passion for working with students
- Ability to build and maintain lasting working relationships – with both students and colleagues – in a multicultural environment
- Competence to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Time management: balance a multitude of tasks and prioritize duties as needed as well as the ability to work with tight deadlines
- Punctuality and reliability to meet all scheduled class sessions
- Professionalism: demonstrate professional standards of conduct when interacting with individuals in a business environment
- Ability to work legally in Canada without any type of immigration or employment sponsorship.
We are building a solid team of dynamic individuals who understand the value and power of education. If you are ready to take on an engaging and fulfilling role, send us your resume, along with a cover letter. We are interested in hearing from you.
Job Type: Part-time contract
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $30.00 /hour
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- English (Required)