Job requirements include assisting within classrooms that are supporting children and youth with complex needs in the areas of physical, neurodevelopmental,cognitive, social emotional, language development. The candidate will work with a classroom team to support the implementation of programs, activities and daily routines under the direction and supervision of the Classroom Teachers. Ability to complete personal care, lifting and transferring may be integral aspects of this position.
Educational Assistants report to the Classroom Teacher and the Principal.
Educational Assistants will:
1. Support planning and follow daily plans to carry out programs and activities.
2. Supervise students; ensuring safety considerations are met.
3. Assist in classroom with organization, preparation and construction of materials.
4. Implement and take data on designated programs.
5. Work within a team setting, accepting and giving input from/to all members of the trans-disciplinary team at all stages from planning to evaluation of student program.
6. Communicate forward information relative to students to teacher/instructor and appropriate resource team member, if applicable.
7. Direct parental communication to the teachers.
8. Supervise students at arrival and departure times as designated.
9. Outside of joint planning and/or protected time, there is a primary responsibility for completion of routine events such as laundry and dishes.
10. Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or administration.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.60 to $18.00 /hour
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (Preferred)