22 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, M4T 2S7
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
The Risk Management Department is responsible for the management of George Weston Limited group of companies’ insurance programs including insurance procurement, claims management, trending, identification of emerging risks, risk mitigation through the development of risk control programs, contractual risk transfer. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Risk Coordinator will provide support within the corporate risk management department for the George Weston Limited group of companies.
$40,000 - $50,000
- Support the risk team in active participation in risk review and loss prevention analysis.
- Assist in the development of high quality, cost effective claims management in Canada and US by actively problem solving and facilitating claim resolutions. Scope includes, but is not limited to property, liability and automobile claims, workers compensation.
- Collaborate with brokers and insurers in establishing risk control reports.
- Support the issuance and review of certificates of insurance.
- Strong ability to communicate with various levels of stakeholders.
- Provide support to risk management team with insurance program strategy, and coverage analysis.
- Ability to provide contractual risk assessment and recommendations to assist the business with appropriate risk transfer and insurance requirements.
- University/College degree . CIP or CRM designation an asset.
- 1-2 years of experience with insurance policies and claims – Commercial Property, Liability, Fiduciary.
- Willingness to complete a Chartered Insurance Professional “CIP” designation and/or Business of Insurance courses (Canadian Risk Management Designation) as appropriate.
- Positive “can do” attitude, willingness to learn, excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a high level of analytical ability and natural curiosity.
- Advanced Excel skills, including experience working with presentations (Power Point) databases, developing and running loss runs, pivot tables etc.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel within the GTA 15 – 20% - Valid G drivers license & vehicle
George Weston Limited recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application