Established in October 1999, the John Abbott College Foundation exists to support the College’s mission and statement of purpose. Through fundraising activities, the Foundation allows the College to respond to the steadily increasing demands for its services, while ensuring that the education students receive and the environment in which they learn are second-to-none.
With these collective contributions, we aim to protect and nurture our most valuable resources, our students, and to offer our employees a safe and comfortable working environment so that they may continue to raise the bar of academic excellence.
We are seeking an outstanding fundraising officer to join our Foundation. Reporting to the Chair of the Foundation Board and the Manager of the Communications and Foundation Office, the candidate will:
- Identify prospective financial contributors;
- Generate new leads;
- Maintain relationships with current and new contributors;
- Develop and nurture a network of faithful benefactors on the West Island and beyond;
- Secure sponsorships and partnerships for major events;
- Implement major gifts and special projects strategies and target lists.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations or any other related fields or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Fluently bilingual in English and French
- Ability to establish and maintain a strong business community network
- Experience and confidence in asking people to contribute time and money
- Understanding of the education sector
This is a 12-month renewable contract, part-time (2 to 3 days per week) employment with an extraordinary potential for growth.
Remuneration will be based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
We thank all candidates who submit their resumes for consideration. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If your work experience has changed or if you have acquired additional education since your last visit, be sure to submit your updated resume so that we may review your full career path.
If you are applying from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to update your file by submitting your CV in order for your application to be considered.