New Value Solutions, a national IT consulting company, is seeking a senior Security Designer to help our client protect information systems and information assets. This will involve developing and maintaining information security control standards, providing advice based on the security goals, objectives and policies of the organization, and assessing risk, identifying security issues and providing guidance regarding the interaction of the proposed application with the organization’s security infrastructure.
- Provide security direction and guidance to project teams
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and direction to staff and teams in determining objectives, formulating plans and implementing initiatives
- Manage day-to-day IT Security operations and ensure best IT Security practices, processes and procedures are efficient and consistently applied to the operational activities and services
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts
- Specialist knowledge of security risk management practices and risk and vulnerability assessments of security controls
- Specialist knowledge of Perimeter Security Systems, such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Content Filtering, and Endpoints.
- Knowledge of Identity Management concepts and systems
If you have this expertise, and are able to work in Canada, please submit your resume. While we thank all candidates in advance for their application, only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
- working with Perimeter Security systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- working as a Security Operations Specialist: 1 year (Preferred)
- implementing network security controls: 1 year (Preferred)
- with log aggregation technologies and vulnerability manageme: 1 year (Preferred)
- designing data centers in cloud environments: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)