In the midst of the current world situation, we are looking to hire some positive, hard working part-timers who want to contribute to the success of Tailz to fill in the gaps in our current schedule. The health and well being of our clients and Team Members is important to us, and as such we have introduced additional safety measures.
Resumes that include a detailed and personalized cover letter will be reviewed.
Kindly see the bottom of our job ad for more details on how to apply.
Do you like dogs? Pawesome! We like them too. A lot in fact. But more importantly, we want to hire someone who will provide excellent care to our pups that our clients have come to love and expect about Tailz while also focusing cleaning the facility..
So we really want to get to know you! What specifically makes you amazing? What sort of work environment do you thrive in? What do you know about dogs? These are some of the things that we are looking for in adding a new Canine Play Specialist to our Team of Dedicated Pet Professionals.
At Tailz, we want a Team Member who is cheerful and outgoing, who also has a thirst for increasing their knowledge, and enjoys a fast-paced work environment. Yep! They strive to beat individual and team goals, and constantly wants to keep themselves productive.
Essentially we are on the hunt for that elusive unicorn of a person to become our a permanent member of our Team as a Canine Play Specialist. The position will be part-time. Knowledge of store operations including retail merchandising, animal nutrition, positive dog training, and dog body language are all considered assets.
Those individuals who excel at keeping themselves movin' and a groovin' throughout the day, love learning about dogs and their body language and behaviour, and love to deliver a ridiculous level of customer-friendly service are exactly those elusive unicorns we want on our Team! You will learn how to cover the Client Care and therefore you must thrive on selling and cross-promoting products/services.
Candidates with previous Doggy Daycare or Dog Training experience will be given priority as that is one of the aspects that you will do once trained. Yes, you will eventually get to buy cool products and keep the store stocked!
Our Focus At Tailz
We adore our clients! Seriously we do. They are the best! At Tailz we intentionally focus on creating a fun and exciting experience for our clients. By understanding our client's needs, knowing their animals as well as they do and providing wicked customer service, we are able to work together to achieve our Team Goals in excellence. Our Team Members are keen to increase their base knowledge and are always looking for ways to improve as to contribute to our Team's overall success.
As we want you to be safe in the work environment, New Team Members are required to complete an awesome online course within their first month of employment learning all about dog behaviour and body language!
An Overview of Canine Care Responsibilities
- Strives for individual and team goals.
- Be proactive and take responsibility for your own actions and effects on the smooth operation of Tailz. The willingness to ask questions when they are unsure is key!
- Maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! Yes, that includes mopping, sweeping, and scrubbing everything.
- Cleaning up dog messes
- Great observational skills and good judgment.
- Monitoring the interactions of the dogs - eyes on the dogs at all points
- Directing dog behaviour and play to be appropriate
- Understanding dog body language (completion of a course will be required within the first month)
- Weekly Inventory of items
- Performing Meet & Greets (once trained)
An Overview of Client Care Responsibilities (once trained in that area)
- Keeping the store looking and operating amazing is a must - this includes cleaning & merchandising the store daily.
- Handling client queries in a professional manner using proper tone and grammar, and with genuinely care about the outcome.
- Ensuring accuracy - in all checklists and paperwork filled out. payments taken, verifying forms that are filled out and properly booking appointments.
- Doing follow up phone calls. How is that client doing?
- Using multiple systems at once (POS, booking, daycare, rewards)
- Registering new clients.
- Communicating regularly any potential issues or conflicts to management/ownership in a timely manner.
- Put in the effort to increase sales and improve client relations. You betcha, we want both.
General Work Expectations
- Handle the pressure of a fast-paced environment. Yes, we have peak times in the day!
- Communicates clearly and effectively. Documentation of this is key.
- Responsible with money and sensitive client information.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Loves to organize + clean.
- Ensuring wonderful, fun, and positive customer experiences.
What It Means To Be A Tailz Team Member
- Come ready to work with your A-Game on every shift. Leave your personal life behind.
- Possess self-initiative. Take responsibility to ensure things are done and ahead of time.
- Be kind, friendly & outgoing
- Be dependable and show up on time (up to 10 minutes before your scheduled shift is expected to start.)
- Have a mature, hard-working attitude.
- Be easy-going with a fun personality.
Current Available Shifts: 2-4 shift per week.
Hours of Operation: 6:30am-7:00pm (Mon-Fri) & 10:00am-6:00pm (Sat). Must be available to work all store hours, and on all days. Please note we are open every day of the year, therefore, you must be available to work outside of those hours if and when occasionally needed.
About Us: Tailz offers retail, dog daycare, luxury overnight lodging, and spa services. Please visit our website at www.tailz.ca to familiarize yourself with our services and our mission.
Get in gear to stay awhile and think outside of the box. If that sounds good to you then join our pack today!
We want to hire the best of the best and we hope it is you!
Our policy is to only consider candidates who have provided a personalized cover letter with their resume. The phone questionnaire is your way of introducing yourself to us. : )
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
How To Apply:
Attach your fetching RESUME and be sure to include a COVER LETTER. It should contain at a minimum of these 4 things:
- Something interesting about you
- Why you think this position would be a good fit for you
- A little information about your own dog(s) if you have one
- Your availability
Your cover letter is your opportunity to let us know who you are so let your passion and personality shine! Catch our eye and make us want to schedule an interview with you!
NO PHONE CALLS please.
Job Type: Part-time
- Paid Animal Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Volunteer Animal Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Doggy Daycare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Working in a Fast Paced Environment: 1 year (Preferred)