Roles & Responsibilities
- Receiving, pricing, displaying, selling aquatic & tropical plants & maintenance products, as well as patio living items.
- Proper watering, pruning and insect & disease control of all plant material in planters, display gardens, living walls and holding stock.
- Providing installation & maintenance services for residential & commercial tropical interiorscape clients in the greater Ottawa region.
- Maintaining a clean, organized work space, with some facility maintenance.
- Answering client questions about tropical & aquatic plants, and making suitable plant & product recommendations for clients’ businesses or homes.
- Creating purchase orders, invoices, accepting & recording payments with Quickbooks & POS terminal.
- Staging plants for clients and in our facility for special events & weddings.
Education & Experience
- A diploma in Horticultural or Greenhouse Management a definite asset.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in tropical plant maintenance required.
Skills & Character
- An unwavering passion for tropical plants, and continual learning in the field.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & customer service experience a must.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and self-manage work load.
- Must enjoy interacting with the public, and be committed to excellent customer service.
- Pleasant telephone mannerism and ability to multitask are essential.
- Excellent verbal & written communication in English a must; French language, an asset.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Must provide own transportation to and from our facility.
- Must have a valid G license and a clean driving record.
- Must demonstrate ability to safely operate a 5-tonne cargo truck.
Expected start date: 2020-12-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Our 28 page Covid Reopening Playbook will be made available to the final qualified candidates applying for this position.
- Tropical Plant Maintenance: 2 years (Required)