About the Event:
The Calgary Police Foundation will be hosting its signature fundraising event, the Chief Youth Courage Awards Gala, April 29, 2020 at the Telus Convention Centre and is looking to expand its Committee with new members who are stars in marketing, communications, graphic design, auction item collection, and in ticket sales. The Gala is an evening of hope and inspiration to celebrate children and youth, as the Stars of Courage. The event will be wrapped in the pageantry and tradition of the Calgary Police Service and will surprise and delight guests with exclusive experiences and heart throttling moments.
About the Position – Graphic Designer:
Working with and reporting to the Communications & Marketing Lead and the Event Producer, this position will design beautiful materials to bring the story of the Gala to life. Creative and eye-catching materials will be produced for various formats, such as, website, social media, print and advertising, and will ensure consistency with all external branding. The Graphic Designer will know how to pull a story into the creation of collateral and have experience in developing the identity of an event or campaign. The graphic designer will bring energy and excitement to their role which will translate into public excitement for the Gala.
- Collaborates with Committee to understand purpose of content, scope of project and intended audience, and recommends appropriate design to convey intended message.
- Creates visual identity of Gala based on vision conversations of event with Committee and brings the event to life through identity creation and concept.
- Conceptualizes design, plans and produces a wide variety of digital (web and social) and/or printed materials and ensures consistency with the Gala’s visual identity, graphic and branding standards.
- Works with vendors to ensure the creative content meets the needs of the Gala, and when needed, assists with obtaining cost estimates and ensuring timelines are met.
- Provides expertise and guidance on design and technical graphics issues.
- Creates and presents design ideas and drafts; using expertise and strategic concepts, amends designs based on feedback.
- Tests graphics across various media to ensure compatibility and effectiveness.
- Collaborates closely with the Communications & Marketing team and to achieve high-level graphic design results.
- Leads the coordination of limited-scope graphic design projects, working closely with the Communications & Marketing Lead and Event Producer to determine project needs, scope and intended outcomes; develops project schedules, drafts design and finalize delivery of product within established timelines.
- Monitors project progress to mitigate risks and adjusts, as necessary.
- Develop event programs and catalogues.
- Presents design to team and Committee as needed.
- Reviews designs for errors before printing/publishing.
- Provides file access to team for distribution.
- Attend or call in to bi-weekly Communication & Marketing Subcommittee meetings.
- Attend event in active event role.
- Coordinate post-event thank you ad with Communications & Marketing Lead.
Please send and expression of interest email with subject line: “CYCA Committee Volunteer” to Alena Schock describing your interest in the CYCA and what you would bring to the role.
Job Type: Volunteer
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Required)