Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
1685 Tech Avenue, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
COVID-19 is a serious condition and has had a devastating impact on Canadians and others across the globe. As a leading Health and Wellness provider for millions of Canadians, our goal is to help all Canadians "Live Life Well".
In support of this goal, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health and well-being of our employees as we continue our phased approach of office reopening. Employees will be required either to be fully vaccinated or undergo regular COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Screening in order to access the workplace.
CPAK is a division of Shoppers that prepares the medication packs that are distributed at the stores to patients. This centralized production of these packs enables the pharmacist and team at store to spend their time focusing on what is important – the patient! Working with the team, you will be responsible to ensure that the prepared CPAKs are accurate and prepared in a timely manner. We pride ourselves in having awesome team spirit! We have a great benefits package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans and Employee share ownership plan!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
We are hiring a Pharmacy Assistant, Compliance Pack Shared Service.
Reporting directly to the PA Team Lead, CPAK, you will be responsible for preforming day to day operations in regards to medication preparation and inventory management duties.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll need:
- Prepare and package medications
- Ensure the number of pills in each package is correct
- Count each package quickly and accurately
- Prepare CPAKs for delivery
- Operation of Machinery
- Operate and maintain the Synmed® Automated Dispensing equipment used to generate and produce weekly compliance packs for SDM stores
- Ensure that the Synmed® machines have the correct and necessary supply of medication within the dispensing unit to prepare the compliance packs
- Clean and maintain the Synmed® equipment when necessary to ensure optimal performance
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to easily navigate basic computer software
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to adapt to change
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where high attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Ability to work and maneuver quickly and consistently for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Positive, cooperative, and team-oriented attitude
- Minimum 1-2 years of Pharmacy Assistant experience, within Pharmacy or Hospital setting
We are currently focusing on our teams at Central office, to provide the best support to our Stores and their teams, and ensure our customers and patients are best served by visiting Shoppers.
For the Pharmacy team, that means continuing to review, understand and respond to industry and customer changes, by developing new initiatives and new services valued by customers and stakeholders. And we continue to ensure traditional services continue to be valuable offerings, provided efficiently and effectively to everyone’s benefit.
And on top of that, every year, Shoppers Drug Mart employees at Central office, and in the stores of our Associate Owners, contribute more time, money and effort to great charitable causes across Canada.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
- A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
- Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
- A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
- Peer recognition programs
- Employee discounts on in-store purchases
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
- Learning and development through our SDM University
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
- Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well-being of Canadians
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.