Requisition ID: 342803
Position Number: 20091459
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Nuclear Medicine - SBH
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start - End Date: ASAP - 10/11/2023
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Other
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $38.803, $39.972, $41.167, $42.403, $43.677, $44.993
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the DEPARTMENT HEAD, NUCLEAR MEDICINE and/or his/her DELEGATE, and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values, and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface Hospital, the GENERAL DUTY TECHNOLOGIST is responsible for: performing all varieties of technical procedures within the guidelines of the Atomic Energy Control Board rules and regulations; preparing and administering of radiopharmaceuticals, as required; performing quality control functions; maintaining sterile technique as required; assisting of patients with personal needs, as required; participating in and assisting with the supervision of Nuclear Medicine students; scheduling of routine patient tests; performing data manipulation on the computer; performing routine cleaning duties following testing; and performing other related duties as required.
- Previous related experience as a General Duty Nuclear Medicine Technologist preferred.
- Graduate of an approved Nuclear Medicine Technologist Program.
- Successful completion of Course 1 of the CT Imaging course series.
NOTE: If there are no applicants meeting CT Imaging 1 course requirements, consideration will be given to applicants meeting the enrolment eligibility criteria. The successful applicant must enrol in Course 1 at the next available opportunity or at a time mutually agreed upon between the employee and employer.
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Imaging Technology Program, eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (C.A.M.R.T.) and registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (C.A.M.R.T.) within three months of hire.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal effectively with professional staff at all levels.
- Ability to retain information on a confidential basis.
- Mature, professional manner.
If there are no applicants meeting the qualifications, the employer may consider an applicant who does not meet the above qualifications.
St. Boniface Hospital is committed to empowering a workforce that welcomes and celebrates diversity by fostering culturally safe places for all employees. We strive to celebrate our diverse workforce and the outstanding work we do every day.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective bargaining agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.