Work Type: Full Time
St. Mary’s General Hospital’s renewed vision of ‘Inspiring excellence. Healthier Together’ lays out a plan for growth, and innovation that will keep pace with the community and region that it serves. It also reflects our strong culture and values of compassion, respect, inclusion, integrity, collaboration and innovation that we bring to each interaction with patients and each other within the hospital and extends that commitment to how we will work with our partners across the health system. When you join St. Mary’s, your contribution will make a positive impact to the quality of life for patients and families. You will contribute to our mission: Living the legacy – Compassion. Faith. Discovery.
New employees must provide documentation/proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, a 2-step TB screening, as well as proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella (chickenpox) prior to their start date at St. Mary’s General Hospital. Staff will require clearance from Employee Health and Wellness before they are able to begin any position within SMGH.
Position Summary :
Housekeeping Aides are responsible for the cleaning/servicing of building areas including the moving of furniture, equipment and supplies in and around hospital departments. The Housekeeping Aide performs a variety of duties to maintain neat, orderly and sanitary conditions in the hospital.
- Grade 12 or equivalent required
- Ensure daily cleaning standards are met in patient and public areas
- Adhere to procedures for specialized cleaning as per infection prevention & control standards
- Perform scheduled housekeeping of equipment, supply carts, utility rooms, windows, fridges, offices, patient lounges, staff rooms and other core public areas as pertinent
- Perform routine cleaning of ceiling vents and radiators
- Practice safe management and disposal of linens and waste
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure that a suitable cleaning standard is met
- Follow hospital procedures and protocols in all work activities
- Keyboard skills an asset
- Must have a level of physical fitness suitable to perform the manual tasks of the position
- Positive work record and good attendance record is essential
- Demonstrates leadership and a commitment to healthy work relationships through excellent communication
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As per the collective agreement, the internal recruitment process will be completed prior to the consideration of external applications.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code. SMGH is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to provide an inclusive, barrier free workplace. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. Should you require this accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual applications or resumes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.72-$22.33 per hour