The Government Services Sector (GSS) requires a Senior Technical Analyst to support critical/key activities on the priority ERP implementation and integration projects and as it relates to the integration of GS Sector Ministries/Departments applications for Treasury Board & Finance, Service Alberta, Public Service Commission, Executive Council and Communications & Public Engagement.
The resource will support various IMT initiatives identified through intakes from the BRMs and prioritized through IMT Governance mechanisms including but not limited to the IMT Sector Roadmap initiatives.
Estimated Workdays: 247
Estimated Start Date: 03-Aug-2020
Estimated End Date: 31-Jul-2021
Estimated Hours Per Day: 7.25
Estimated On Call/Standby or Overtime Hours per Month: 16.25
# of Optional Extensions: 1
Maximum Duration of Extension: 4Months
Description of Services
Responsible for taking business requirements and translating them into technical requirements and solutions.
- Create project documents and associated planning documents.
- Create stakeholder analyses.
- Lead consultations and facilitate stakeholder meetings.
- Create business requirements, functional specifications and technical requirements.
- Create new business and technical processes and complete business process reviews/re-engineering for existing processes.
- Facilitate business process improvement sessions.
- Assist in the development of new IT services.
- Schedule, organize and lead project status meetings and other meetings as required.
- Provide support by bridging communication between vendors, client ministries, and corporate technical and business teams.
- Escalate unresolved issues/risks, options and recommendations.
- Responsible for business architecture design, software system specifications design, and database modelling.
- Participate iterative development using model-based processes .
- Perform project management, business and technical analysis and systems design in delivering complex software solutions spanning n-tier development environments.
- Produce project artifices with XML; UML and/or other web-services technologies.
- Prepare, update and manage documents defining the business requirements, software requirements, functional design, and project plans and schedules reflecting achievable deliverables for the applications.
- Prepare regular project status reports indicating project deliverables, possible risk and issues, time-lines and anticipated effort.
- Ensure appropriate project communication occurs to all parties involved during all phases of the project.
- Identify required user training.
- Additional responsibilities as required by the Project Manager for a Business Analyst or Lead Technical Analyst role.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract