- Register all patient types (i.e. Emergency, Outpatient Clinic, Day Surgery and Inpatients) into the Central Patient Index and Admission, Discharge and Transfer System
- Schedule appointments (i.e. Operating Room, Outpatient clinics)
- Operate Hospital switchboard, monitoring the hospital codes and alarms.
- Provide clerical support for the following areas: surgical services, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, and health records.
- Promote and maintain the patient’s right to privacy at all times
- Successful completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario.
- Medical Office administration program or equivalent with Medical Terminology required.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience with ability to type at least 40 wpm.
- Experience in an electronic registration and scheduling environment required.
- Experience in operating a hospital switchboard would be an asset.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, team members and Physicians.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-direction.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis and available for all shifts.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $21.59 to $25.26 /hour
- Patient Registration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Medical Office Administration Program (Required)