LaPrairie Crane is one of Canada’s largest independent mobile-crane companies with fleet capabilities ranging from 5 – 600 tons, including all terrain, boom truck, carry deck, crawler, hydraulic truck, rough terrain and tower cranes. We are strategically located in Fort Nelson, Fort St. John and Tumbler Ridge (BC), and Fort McMurray and Grimshaw (Alberta), to service our key markets of Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest and Yukon Territories.
LaPrairie Crane is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Service Writer/Parts Person in the Fort St. John area. The successful candidate will be a person that likes multi-tasking, working independently when required, and being a key member of this facility team. LaPrairie Crane offers a competitive, comprehensive wage and benefits package.
Service Writer Duties
- Working closely with the mechanical staff in the execution of daily mechanical activities
- Accurate and timely data inputs into the company’s TMW mechanical management & scheduling software;
- Repair order creation and closure
- Client liaison on scheduling and status of repairs
- Mechanical repair & service scheduling
- As well as other related duties as may be required and assigned.
Parts Inventory Duties
- Record and monitor parts that are on order, expected delivery, and arrival.
- Setting up purchasing PO's in TMW software system.
- Request quotes from parts vendors and evaluate and make recommendations on where to purchase parts considering economics, quality of parts, and expected timeline
- Follow up on part orders and do necessary coordination to ensure timely delivery
- Coordinate with vendors and arrange pick up of parts
- Proven computer literacy, data entry, data editing and typing skills.
- Minimum of Grade 12 Diploma or GED is preferred.
- Previous experience with automotive /commercial / heavy equipment maintenance management systems an asset.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, with a solid understanding of Excel
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Solid communication skills (verbal & written).
- Organized with good time management and able to set priorities.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Must have valid driver's license.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume by email. We thank everyone who applies, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Commercial/Heavy Equipment Maintenance Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)