CPG National Business Development Manager - Food Service & Big Box Retail. US & Canada
We are searching for a CPG National Business Development Manager - Foodservice & Big Box Retail- US & Canada to join a dynamic team. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of related experience in the US & Canada and will be responsible for developing his/her business within the designated portfolio.
Please note, this is an office-based position and we are located in Pickering, Ontario.
· Business Development- Identify new accounts, negotiate and build an account base
· For customers within the portfolio, prepare a “bottom-up” annual Joint Business Plan by line item, for Gross Revenue Planning, Trade Spend, and all financial metrics
· Plan, develop, implement and execute sales strategies and tactics, review progress and report on results. Promptly, be able to identify any risk’s or opportunities within the annual sales plan and pulse in the appropriate course correction as needed
·With full accountability for Gross Revenue Planning and Trade Management, achieve sales and revenue goals and initiatives that drive results within established account base
·With the defined trade marketing strategy, develop and implement national promotions to achieve the annual sales plan
· Provide forecasting information to the demand planning team through thorough ongoing review of all shipment, inventory and POS analysis
·Analyze various syndicated sales data and sales performance with a focus on ROI, and must be able to translate insights into action.
·Must be able to schedule standing appointments, and meet with key customers at least once a quarter or more, as needed to review the business and maintain a positive business relationship
·Collaborate with Marketing and R&D to develop innovative new products, product launches, new packaging and promotions
· Development of presentations, business reviews, and proposals for both internal and external stakeholders
·Provide strategic direction to broker & distribution representation where warranted
·Forecasting - develop timely and accurate forecasts (volume) for assigned accounts, and revise weekly or as warranted to maintain an accurate LE versus the annual sales plan
·Communicate to Senior Management relevant events and/or consumer trade affairs; collect data on POS, Distribution, Competition
·Collaborate with the Finance team to resolve accounts payable or receivable issues
·Participate in Food Shows and food events throughout the year
·Post-Secondary Education in Sales, Business or, substantial experience with a quantifiable contact base
·MUST HAVE a minimum of 5 years of sales experience in the US & Canada in the CPG industry within the Food Service and Big Box retail.
- MUST HAVE strong relationships and current book of contacts in the US & Canada
- Desire to demonstrate passion in growing business with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal with ambiguity and work within a team
·Strong selling, negotiating and presentation skills
·Ability to interpret various forms of syndicated data, AC Nielsen, customer portals, etc.
What we’re looking for:
·Outstanding customer service skills.
·Ability to build relationships with customers, identify customer needs and follow up in a timely fashion
·Ability to use market and product knowledge to source and develop new accounts through active prospecting, referrals, leads, and cold calling
·Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
·Ability to multi-task. Must be well organized, motivated
·Able to work independently, multitask with a very strong discipline on priority setting
·Works well in a team environment.
·Superior verbal and written communication skills.
·Sound analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
·Good accounting and business math skills a must
·Strong technical skills; intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
·Analytical, highly organized and able to prioritize projects and tasks independently
·Superior oral/written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and relationship management
·Highly self-motivated and results-oriented
·Please note, ONLY candidates who meet all of the above requirements will be considered and contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales and business development: 5 years (Required)
- highly analytical: 5 years (Required)
- Food Service: 5 years (Required)