Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week:
Please note, this is a wholly grant funded, 21 month temporary full time contract opportunity.
Secondments are Welcome
Click here for more details on secondment opportunities.
Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities.
Student Experience fosters equitable learning environments in which all students can thrive to their full potential. Through our commitment to integrating research, theory, and practice across all of the programs, resources, and supports we provide, Student Experience leads an ecosystem of people, places, and spaces that empower student thriving. Our vision is for all Mustangs to discover their personalized pathway through Western’s rich, wholistic learning environment; engage in brave conversations with our diverse community on and off campus, and develop the courage to be uncomfortable without fear of failure in order to thrive throughout their degree and after graduation.
The Accessibility Coordinator, Work Integrated Learning will support the hiring of students with disabilities in work integrated learning (WIL) (e.g. internship, co-op, practicum) and new graduate opportunities. Their work will focus on advising employers on the recruitment and hiring of students with disabilities and helping campus partners to remove barriers for students with disabilities in the design and delivery of work integrated learning. The Accessibility Coordinator, Work Integrated Learning will be positioned in the Employer Relations Unit within the Careers & Experience department.
- Undergraduate Degree; major in Disability Studies, Diversity and Social Justice Studies, Human Rights, Education, Occupational Therapy or other related field is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2 years’ experience developing, implementing and evaluating programming to support individuals with disabilities
- Experience developing and implementing programs in a postsecondary setting, specifically for individuals with disabilities is preferred
- Knowledge of best practices and processes to support work integrated learning opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization
- Effective organizational skills, including managing multiple projects and an ability to adapt quickly to emerging priorities and adhere to timelines
- Strong commitment to customer service, including needs assessment, evaluation and continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Well-developed presentation and public-speaking skills
- Effective meeting facilitation skills with multiple and varied stakeholders
- Strong judgement, analytical and problem-solving skills with a consultative and collaborative approach to addressing issues and opportunities
- Ability to interact with others in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to effectively manage a project from beginning to end
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.