StormFisher is rapidly-growing renewable energy company located in London ON. StormFisher operates a 2.8 MW Biogas facility that processes organic waste in electricity and fertilizer. StormFisher combines the excitement of working in an entrepreneurial environment in a new industry and the knowledge that the work you are doing will help take harmful greenhouse gases out of the atmosphere and divert waste from landfill. Find out more at www.stormfisher.com.
- Drive the Safety culture by acting as an ambassador for Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental programs and in accordance with the Company vision and values;
- Coordinate, implement and administer all required quality, safety, health and environmental programs to ensure health, safety and environmental compliance in accordance with legislation, internal policies.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation for both hourly manufacturing employees and office staff;
- Works with the site leadership team to review accident/incident investigations, determine root cause and recommend and/or implement corrective actions;
- Maintains awareness and advises management concerning future regulatory changes and requirements with assistance.
- Assess, develop and co-ordinate the review of job positions to maintain position specific physical demand analysis (PDA) and Job safety analysis (JSA) with assistance.
- Coach employees, supervisors and management on Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Policy and Procedures, WSIB Management best practices and principles, as well as OHSA;
- In conjunction with management, develop and manage internal incident/accident reporting and tracking system and conduct various analyses to identify trends, opportunities, issues, and assist in the establishment and management of appropriate action plans;
- Active member of JHSC. Provide administrative support to JHSC, preparation and distribution of monthly meeting minutes, follow-up on action plans, etc.;
- Coordinate the collection of EHSQ performance metrics and prepare reports as required;
- Coordinates employee health surveillance evaluations as required by company polices, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and legal requirements.
- Assist management in maintaining StormFisher’s Production System and related programs to support compliance. Develop and implement E, Q, H&S programs in consultation with all departments.
- Participate and support health & safety and environmental audits and corrective action.
- Oversee scale operations daily.
Skill Set and Capabilities
- Entry level position,1-5 years’ experience working in manufacturing/industrial environment;
- Sound knowledge of various Health, Safety & Environmental legislation
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends;
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information. Flexible with hours in a multi-shift environment, in order to provide adequate service to employees on all shifts;
- Calm under pressure: Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress;
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Must have a track record of working hard. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance;
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints;
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately with all forms of communication, including email;
- Confidentiality/Trust: Must possess and display a high level of confidentiality given the personal and private nature of employee and company information to which they are exposed to. Building and maintaining the trust and respect of employees is essential for success;
- Presentation skills: Comfortable leading meetings with both internal and external parties as well as presenting proposals, reports, data to groups on topics related to claims management, Health and Safety, Wellness, etc.
Education, Training, Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma with specialized training/certification in Health & Safety or Environmental Science related education.
- CRSP designation (or actively working towards completion)
- JHSC certification an asset
- Work Environment:
- Responsibilities in both office and manufacturing environments (50/50)
- 24/7 multi-shift production environment – early mornings, evenings and weekend hours may be necessary from time to time
Job Type: Full-time