Scope of the role:
The* Operations Supervisor* will manage and motivate Commercial Drivers to deliver superior customer service and ensuring compliance to all corporate and regulatory guidelines, codes, regulations and legislation, federally and provincially. He or she will ensure that appropriate training is provided to all Drivers in all aspects of safety and operational procedures. The Operations Supervisor will also ensure that all employees have access to appropriate tools and equipment to uphold a positive corporate image for its reputation and service excellence. He or she will work with all Drivers to ensure service is provided in a productive and efficient manner. When required, the Operations Supervisor will also assist with the delivery of fuel to customers.
Working hours are Monday to Friday - AFTERNOONS: 04:00 PM – 01:00 AM ** shift times are tentative – must have flexibility in start & end times **
What you get:
- Competitive annual salary (commensurate with experience)
- Annual bonus eligibility
- 3-weeks paid Vacation
- Benefit package including medical, dental and vision
- Car allowance
- Comprehensive training program
What you will do:
- Schedule shifts to ensure customers obtain superior service while adhering to Hours of Service legislation.
- Ongoing review of routes for corporate units to improve efficiency and utilization.
- Provide technical and mechanical repair and assistance in a 24/7 environment, and day-to-day problem solving and emergency response.
- Schedule the maintenance of trucks as per the company’s PM Program to minimize vehicle breakdowns and keep repair costs to a minimum, without compromising customer service standards.
- Supervise staff including: hiring, evaluations, coaching, progressive discipline, and terminations. * Assists in training, and managing employees in addition to providing leadership and guidance to all operators.
What we require of you:
- Monday to Friday AFTERNOONS: 04:00 PM – 01:00 AM ** shift times are tentative – must have flexibility in start & end times **
- Work oncall Saturdays and or Sundays * Proven track record of strong leadership and engagement skills is a must * Minimum 3-5 years’ management and/or supervisory experience * Past experience providing superb customer service preferably in the transportation, distribution or courier industry * Must hold a valid and clean Class 3 license with Air Endorsement * Understanding of fleet operations and customer delivery * Excellent communication and problem-solving skills * Must have a safety and compliance mind set
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- 2. Medical & Drug Testing
- 3. Employment Reference Check
Organization Overview: 4Refuel Canada LP is one of North America’s fastest growing fuel logistics companies. We manage nearly one billion litres of fuel per year and are currently growing at an annual rate of 26%. As Canada’s largest and most experienced mobile refueller, 4Refuel has dominated the direct-to-equipment market for over 20 years and ranks among the country’s largest fuel buyers. Thank you for your interest in applying, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time