This position reports to the Branch Manager and takes direction from the Construction Supervisor. This position offers a sponsorship into the official accredited Elevator Mechanic apprenticeship which requires field work and schooling.
- Represent Delta Elevator’s core values of Integrity, Service and Quality in relationships with both internal staff members and external customers and suppliers.
- Follow Delta Elevator policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, and Health & Safety Manual guidelines.
- Assist elevator mechanics / crew leaders in all aspects of elevator installation:
o Stocking construction vehicles.
o Unloading deliveries.
o Assembling parts.
o Installing rails, assemblies, controllers, machines, pumping units and cabs.
o Running conduit.
o Testing mechanical and electrical equipment.
o Moving test weights.
- Attend bi-weekly Field Operations meetings.
- Work for any of the Delta Branches may be required from time to time.
- Attend company sponsored night school sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Post-Secondary education or experience in electrical/electronics
- Knowledge of the effective use of construction/hand tools.
- Knowledge of construction building practices. * Ability to perform heavy lifting.
- Ability to work in groups and independently.
- Experience working at heights.
What we offer
We believe that each employee contributes directly to Delta Elevator's growth and success. We offer a stable work environment with a competitive benefit package as well as a pension plan that is above average. We pride ourselves on providing fulfilling and long term employment to our people.
Founded in 1967, Delta Elevator Co. Ltd. is a privately-owned Canadian owned business base in Kitchener, Ontario. From a single elevator mechanic Delta has grown to become one of the few fully-integrated Canadian elevator companies that engineers, manufacture, installs, services and maintains elevating devices.
Delta's commitment to hiring only the best staff makes us an industry leader in build-to-order elevating devices.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
PPE is provided and physical distancing measures are in place.