Fitset Ninja believes that life is better when active, and our core mission is to inspire people to unleash their full potential; We use our 13,000 sq. ft. obstacle training facility and the sport of ninja as a platform to do it! Our vision is to bring ninja as a sport and activity mainstream across Canada, and be able to positively impact the lives of many.
We are looking for a caring and enthusiastic individual with an educational background to support, encourage and help kids aged 5-15 with their school directed online learning curriculum. The ideal candidate will have previous teaching experience, exemplary communication skills, and the ability to be a leader within a team setting. They will have the ability to form interpersonal relationships with all students, and take an interest in their general well-being.
- LOVES working with children.
- Has an educational background (holds Bachelor of Education degree and/or equivalent teaching experience).
- Well organized with excellent leadership abilities.
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Comfortable implementing new procedures and managing students with diverse backgrounds and different learning abilities.
- Comfortable using technology and assisting students using their laptops/devices to connect to their online classes.
- Able to work collaboratively and flexibly with others.
- Must have a good work ethic; be reliable, on time and dependable.
- Must pass a criminal background check and vulnerable sectors check.
- Must become (or already be) CPR/First Aid certified
- Supervise classes to ensure all students are learning in a safe and productive environment.
- Deliver personalized support to students and ensure that they are making positive progress through their online learning curriculum.
- Ensure the class area is clean and orderly.
- Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports to parents.
- Model social behaviours such as hanging up coats, talking with others, sharing, and cleaning up after themselves.
- Ensure all on site health and safety policies and are being followed.
What you’ll need:
- Hustle – This one is a skill that can’t be taught – the ability to take initiative in a high-paced work environment with minimal supervision.
- The ability to learn and understand what Fitset Ninja is trying to achieve and to be resourceful and find solutions to problems that arise.
- The stamina and desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- To be a fun, charismatic people-person who can talk to anyone.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Contract length: 8 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00-$19.00 per hour