BUILD YOUR CAREER HERE
Metro Green is a division of Metro Supply Chain Group a North American leader in end-to-end supply chain solutions for some of the world’s most recognizable brands.
The Transportation Manager – DSD works closely with both the customer and other Metro Green team members to ensure efficient Direct to Store (DSD) delivery of our customers’ product.
- Schedule Delivery Drivers on a weekly basis in coordination with delivery needs.
- Dispatch drivers on a daily basis, ensuring all drivers report to work and depart without problems.
- Ensure that Delivery Drivers follow all SOPs related to DSD operations.
- Participate in driver training and driver orientation.
- In coordination with the operations team, accommodate rush orders and previous undelivered orders on a daily basis.
- Provide client with customized reports, as requested.
Verify weekly hours and enter them into ITR (review manifests for drivers).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Manage customer relationships and growth.
- Manage the cross-dock activities, ensuring orders are picked on time for pick-up and delivery.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree required/recommended.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of job experience in similar role.
- Minimum of 4 years of logistics experience in a 3PL environment preferred.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written. Must be bilingual (English/French).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills essential.
- Driven to provide excellent Customer Service with effective customer interaction skills.
Come join a diverse team empowered to continuously deliver value and make a real impact to our customers, our team, and our world.
- The opportunity to build a career with a growing company
- Company-provided medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Life insurance, disability and wellness programs including an Employee Assistance Program to support your family’s well-being
- A Retirement Savings Program
- Social events, employee appreciation days and community volunteering
- Company team wear allowance
- Tuition re-imbursement program
We are committed to building and fostering a diverse workplace where people feel included and valued. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Should you require accommodation for a special ability or need during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact a member of our Human Resources Team.