Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company? Swegon North America is recruiting for an Human Resources Coordinator - Maternity Leave Contract to join our team located in Markham, ON. The incumbent should have 2 to 4 years’ experience within HR including labour relations, HRIS, benefits administration and payroll.
Swegon North America is a leader in HVAC commercial Ventilation and integrated heating and cooling solutions. We offer half of a century of unsurpassed industry experience to mechanical engineering consultants and contractors. Swegon supplies components and systems creating superior indoor climate, energy conservation and acoustic solutions producing environments designed for ultimate quality and comfort.
What we offer…
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Flexible work hours
- Team building and social events
- Convenient location in Markham, free parking and many amenities close by
- Work from home options (Hybrid model)
The Human Resources Coordinator reporting directly to the Senior Human Resources Business Partner, supports the company strategy and values, ensuring that policies and processes are communicated and adhered to and employee records, requests and benefits and pensions are managed appropriately.
- Initiate the set-up process for new plant employees and liaise with Plant Manager to ensure the Company and relevant department is ready for the employee’s arrival.
- Assist Plant Manager with the recruitment of plant employees, including the interview, selection process and preparation of offers
- Initiate HR onboarding program for new plant employees including completing HR and Health & Safety training orientation, as well as working with Plant Manager on job specific onboarding plan for each employee.
- Administer Canadian & US benefit and pension plans, including regular and annual reporting requirements and answering any benefit related queries.
- Inputs and maintains employee data in the HRIS (Ceridian and Sage) systems. Prepares regular or special reporting as required and provide analytical support, as necessary. Maintains employee information and personnel files.
- Coordinate with the Plant Manager on internal job opportunities and postings.
- Prepare, update & maintain HR and employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, terminating, verification of employment, employment letters, etc.
- Ensure all payroll change documentation is prepared with proper approval and processed for each pay period, including new hires, promotions, transfers, terminations, and benefit and pension changes.
- Actively participate in the Company’s Social Committee and assist with coordinating HR Training & Events
- Assist Senior HRBP with Occupational injury and accident reporting to WSIB
- Coordinate with Office & Communications Manager to ensure that the TV display with announcements, events and plant employee updates are maintained.
- Support the Plant Manager with labour relations topics
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of recent related experience in HR, with at least one (1) year recent and related experience in a unionized environment is required and a necessary prerequisite for this job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an Industrial Relations or Human Resources focus is preferred or a degree in a related field with a post graduate diploma/certificate in Human Resources Management (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Proven experience in Canadian benefit administration. Experience with USA and Canada benefit administration experience is strongly preferred.
- A professional Designation (CHRP) would be considered an asset
- Familiarity using an HRIS and experience using an outsourced payroll provider
- Superior Microsoft Office and Excel skills
- Full understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of relevant legislation, (e.g. Employment Standards Act, Ontario Labour Relations Act, The Ontario Human Rights Code and Occupational Health and Safety Act)
- Excellent analytical and interpretation skills with good facilitation and presentation skills
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, pro-active approach to customer service, and proven ability to build trust at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Swegon North America has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-8049. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.
Contract length: 14 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Human Resources: 3 years (preferred)
- Benefits Administration: 3 years (preferred)
- Labour Relations/Union: 1 year (preferred)
- HRIS and Payroll: 2 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19