Peel Mutual Insurance is seeking a seasoned, detail-oriented “people person” who lives to provide excellent claims services to all stakeholders.
You want to make an impact. As an Intermediate Accident Benefits Adjuster, you’ll leverage your expertise in AB and multiple lines to investigate, negotiate, and settle accident benefits claims. You’ll inspect and examine claims documentation while maintaining regular contact and building relationships with our customers to provide a claims experience founded on integrity urgency. You’ll communicate with insureds, brokers, agents, and vendors to maintain Peel Mutual’s reputation and service standards.
You’re going to thrive if you:
- Are confident in your accident benefits claims adjusting skills
- Are passionate about delivering a top-notch customer experience
- Building relationships is your bread and butter—you love getting to know new people and learning about how you can craft value-added solutions
- Don’t take things personally and handle conflict and difficult situations with tact and calm
- Are never content with your level of knowledge, seeking out new information to enhance your skills and abilities
- Love being an independent solutions-oriented thinker, but enjoy collaboration and knowledge-sharing with the team
- Attribute part of your success thus far to critical thinking and attention to detail
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in an AB claims adjudication role
- Experience with AB claims handling complex injuries
- Applicants with experience in multiple lines of insurance business preferred
- Post-secondary education
- CIP designation or working toward one
- Excellent verbal and written communication, superior customer service skills, excellent time management skills
- Proficient with computer applications including MS Office
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits and an additional Health & Wellness spending account
- Additional paid personal time
- Option to work from home multiple days a week for the 'right fit' candidate
- Work/Life integration and employee focused culture
- On-site weekly yoga, massage therapy, and wellness program
- Opportunities for growth and skills development with traditional in-class and technology-supported learning
Peel Mutual Insurance welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of an accommodation, please let us know.
All applications should be addressed to Matt LeMaire, VP of Human Resources and can be completed via Indeed or sent by email to mlemaire (at) peelmutual.com.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accident Benefits claims adjusting: 5 years (Preferred)