Job title :
INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Information Security Analyst to join our Information Management & Information Technology team. This position is based out of the Community Health and Services Centre in Kelowna, B.C.
About the Role:
The Information Security Analyst plays a key role in assisting Interior Health (IH) departments and staff with security compliance. The Security Analyst provides initial intake, assessment, and prioritization of requests for IMIT Information Security Services and/or events requiring incident response prioritizing based on risk and urgency, ensuring that work activities are logged and tracked and that higher priority events are appropriately escalated. The Security Analyst helps coordinate investigations for security-related incidents and policy violations as well as participates as a key member of an integrated breach response team. The Security Analyst deals with sensitive and critical situations and provides training and education on IH’s security procedures, policies, and standards at all levels of the organization.
Some Key Duties may include:
- Analyzes complex information through acute problem-solving to manage and investigate security incidents; develops reports, action plans, and response communications on mitigation strategies.• Monitors and maintains security tracking tools and associated databases and prepares reports and presentations on metrics and risk trends.
- Participates in security, vulnerability, and risk assessments related to the information security features of the systems, networks, and related administrative activities; recommends mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Monitors and interprets security alerts generated by security monitoring systems to ensure appropriate and timely response to security-related incidents.
- In collaboration with other Information Privacy and Security personnel, promotes security best practices by developing and assisting in the delivery of corporate-wide security education and training materials to staff, physicians, clinicians, management, and external customers.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and direction both verbally and in writing to internal staff, physicians, clinicians, and management on information security policy, standards, and best practices.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and evaluation of information security projects, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in the delivery of Information Privacy and Security training programs and initiatives.
- Assists in the support of provincial eHealth programs and initiatives that require privacy and security compliance.
- Actively participates on internal and external committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Graduation from a recognized degree program in Computer Science, plus five (5) years of recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Preferred completion of the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other recognized information security certification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of information security principles, standards, best practices, and industry trends.