Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,700 locations in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG aims to “be the world’s most trusted financial group” through close collaboration among our operating companies and flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world. MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges. For more information, visit https://www.mufg.jp/english
The Compliance Analyst is responsible for providing support to manage and maintain MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch's obligations related to compliance. This will include the tracking of compliance requirements, the gathering of information, and the review and the clear and accurate preparation of reports on various compliance topics. Workload volume may require this role to work overtime from time to time.
Regulatory Compliance Management
- Work closely with the Compliance team and Business Units to input and track key regulatory changes and to monitor business unit implementation of changes;
- Provide assistance to the Compliance Manager and Compliance team to resolve escalated regulatory compliance issue in a timely manner;
- Co-ordinate the review of complaints related to Privacy;
- Participate in Compliance projects to support the overall efforts of the Compliance Team;
- Review alerts from the transaction monitoring system to identify instances of money-laundering or terrorist financing;
- Report and recommend course of action including preparing Suspicious Transaction Reports to be submitted to FNTRAC within specified timelines ;
- Conduct investigations using various internal and external data systems and processes to gather evidence supporting a reasonable suspicious of money laundering, organized crime or terrorist financing activities involving the Bank customers;
- Analyze and successfully respond to various management request for information;
- Update and maintain appropriate records of reviews in transaction monitoring system;
Enhanced Due Diligence
- Conduct enhanced due diligence reviews on identified high risk clients;
- Review and update high risk client reports;
Watch List Screening
- Review and analyze potential watch list matches to PEPs (politically Exposed Persons) or persons or entities on other regulatory list, and conduct on-going monitoring/reviews on confirmed true matches;
- Recommend course of action including de-marketing, if required;
- Recommend course of action, including preparing Suspicious transaction Reports for submission to FINTRAC;
Monitoring, Assessment, Reporting & Documentation
- Compile reports, document procedures, and maintain the files that are required to comply with the annual regulatory compliance management requirements;
- Provide support in updating policies, procedures and manuals in order to comply with regulatory requirements, industry practice and general risk management;
- Ensure that compliance review/monitoring procedures are conducted in a high quality, risk-based manner and appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
This role requires a university degree or equivalent work experience within the financial services industry.
The candidate must have:
- Basic understanding of Anti-money laundering and terrorist financing framework with knowledge of regulatory requirements and sanction applications;
- Ability to gather, organize, and interpret data and/or information;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and influence assertively, clearly, and concisely, both in writing and verbally;
- Ability to prioritize, work on various projects simultaneously, and work under tight deadlines;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to security procedures;
- Strong initiative and self-management skills to be able to work independently with little direction and respond effectively to issues as well as potential issues that may arise.
- University Degree in Business or Finance preferred
The above information on this job description has been described to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents. Other duties and responsibilities not specifically described may be assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent.
Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as MUFG Canada Branch, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom. The receipt of this application by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch (“MUFG Canada Branch”), does not imply or guarantee employment. MUFG Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act. In addition, MUFG Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MUFG Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.
©2020 Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. All rights reserved. The MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., and is used by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch, with permission.