Job Number: 82136
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital, McMaster University Medical Centre, St. Peter's Hospital, Offsite Location, West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
Organization: 63005-Volunteer Resources
Status: Temporary Part-time
Hours per week: 0.01
Union Code: NON
Minimum Salary: 18.6300 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 23.8900
Post Date: Jun 23, 2020, 2:43:45 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Ongoing
Entrance Screeners are necessary to assist with the active screening measures at Hamilton Health Sciences. This role is vital to the health and safety of all of our sites for our Patients, Visitors and Staff.
Point of Entrance Screeners are responsible for reviewing and understanding all current information relevant to the screening mandate. This includes all relevant information bulletins, infection control measures and best practices, as well as the accurate, professional and courteous screening, information, directions to all internal and external clients including staff, physicians, patients, families, visitors and vendors. Screeners are responsible for the preparation and presentation of the screening areas including ensuring the maintenance and organization of supplies. All other duties as assigned.
Schedule Work Hours
12 Hour Shifts, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends and Holidays.
1. Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
2. Volunteer or formal training in a health care setting is considered an asset
3. Able to work as part of an interdisciplinary team and build strong working relationships
4. Able to physically perform the duties of the position and tasks including: bending, turning, lifting, walking, standing and sitting for extended periods of time.
5. Must be flexible, self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
6. Posses excellent customer/patient focus and excellent communication skills
7. Possess strong critical and decision making skills
8. Able to follow directions, instructions and procedures
9. Able to adapt to constantly changing environments
10. Able to maintain a polite and courteous manner in stressful situations
11. Able to communicate and provide clear instructions in an appropriate authoritative manner.
12. Able to handle upset and/or emotional internal and external stakeholders
13. Able to wear Personal Protective Equipment which may include, mask, gloves, gown, face shield.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement