Eurofins Scientific is a world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing, as well as environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 38,000 employees across 400 sites in 44 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Alphora is a pharmaceutical research, development and manufacturing organization in the field of active drug substances and synthetic organic chemistry. Alphora’s focus is at the early stage of API Technology Development, developing chemical processes and preparing materials for pre-clinical and clinical studies. As well, Alphora provides transformative process chemistry expertise for later stage programs and niche commercial manufacturing. Alphora has state of the art synthetic R&D labs, analytical services, GMP Kilo Labs, GMP Pilot Plant and supporting QC/QA functions. Please refer to our website at www.alphoraresearch.com for further information on this Eurofins company.
Due to continued expansion of our manufacturing facility, a Chemical Operator is required.
You are a team player with a mature and responsible attitude. The pride you take in all aspects of your work is demonstrated by the thoroughness and accuracy with which you complete assigned responsibilities. You realize that working safely and with close attention to detail is paramount in the handling and processing of chemicals. Experience in a chemical processing environment, good organizational and communication skills and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment will make you an ideal candidate to become a member of our team.
Description of Department
The Kilo Laboratory/Pilot Plant is responsible for the manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients and intermediates up to multi-kilogram quantities in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Carry out chemical processing operations using state of the art reactors and supporting process equipment’s.
- Perform cleaning of chemical processing equipment’s and facilities.
- Receive, sample, label and ship chemicals and products.
- Work in accordance with Environmental, Health and Safety Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Production Batch Records and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of College Diploma or Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing facility preferably in a cGMP environment
- Experience handling hazardous chemicals
- Experience working with chemical processing equipment
- Flexibility to adapt to and perform continental shift work
- Knowledge and ability to operate computerized equipment
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
This position involves shift work. Candidates must be available to work daytime, overnight and on weekends.
We thank all applicants, but regret that only those short-listed will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- GMP facility: 1 year (Required)
- Chemical Operator: 2 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- Pharmaceutical: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)