Instructions to Apply:
Only applications submitted via Survey Monkey Apply will be considered.
Please submit your online application: http://bit.do/eJBrc
Link to Apply: http://bit.do/eJBrc
Green Spaces Programme (Summer 2019)
Employer: United Nations Association in Canada
Job Cities: *Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Yellowknife, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec City, Montreal and Halifax
Application Deadline: Ongoing until placements are filled
Job terms: Full-time Temporary (30 – 37.5 hours per week, 8-16 weeks)
Green Spaces is the United Nations Association in Canada’s (UNA-Canada) innovative employment programme designed to provide talented students (aged 15-30) with engaging work integrated learning opportunities across Canada. Green Spaces participants will undertake 8 to 16-week placements with various companies, governments, associations, universities and civil society organizations across Canada.
UNA-Canada partners with employer organizations to match students to jobs across Canada, but particularly in the following focus cities:
- Quebec City
Green Spaces participants will be provided with the opportunity to lead initiatives, apply their academic training to challenging issues, and share their passion for environmental sustainability. The Green Spaces programme aims to place talented students in placements within Canada’s green economy, with the primary goals of:
- Preparing Canadian students to successfully obtain employment in their chosen field upon graduation through their placement experience and the provision of professional development guidance
- Expanding Canada’s network of young professionals in the Green Economy
- Contributing to Canada’s commitments on climate and environment through the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
To be part of the Green Spaces programme, you must be:
- Registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school full-time in the upcoming academic year
- Between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations;
- Not have participated in a youth project or programme funded by the federal government within one year.
Eligible partner organizations include:
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Municipal governments
- Provincial and territorial governments, institutions, agencies and Crown Corporations;
- Aboriginal organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities)
- For-profit organizations
- Post-secondary institutions or research labs
Applications are open on a rolling basis until all positions have been filled
The Green Spaces programme is securing a wide variety of employers at the moment. Correspondingly, UNA-Canada encourages applicants with diverse academic backgrounds and professional aspirations to apply.
Instructions to Apply: *
Please submit your online application here: _http://bit.do/eJBrc_
For more details about the programme, please visit*http://unac.org/unac-projects/green-spaces/
Due to a highly competitive process, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We ask that no calls are made during this stage.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $30,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year