Job Title: Maintenance Technician Department: Processing Plant
Reports to: General Manager
The Maintenance Technician maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. This position is also responsible for:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems production machines, operational manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problem using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Fabricates, disassemble and assemble production equipment to gain access and to remove defective parts.
- Monitor and track the performance of plant equipment and new installations.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment in the plant and offices.
- Controls downtime by informing production operators of routine preventive maintenance and monitoring compliance.
- Weld and employ basic shop floor skills (drill, press, grinder and other metalworking tools).
- Read and interpret blueprints and equipment manuals.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management on operational issues.
- To be on call to carry out emergency maintenance work outside normal working hours.
- Follow maintenance policies and procedures. This includes employee handbook, good manufacturing practices, food safety, HACCP and any other designated company procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Work in compliance with ETG’s Commodity Inc. Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 4:30, with half an hour unpaid lunch break.
Three weeks paid vacation.
Three months probation you will be eligible to participate in the Group RRSP and medical benefits.
Employment Qualification and Requirements:
You are a self-motivated individual that enjoys working autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You are a clear and concise communicator and take pride in your work by paying a high attention to detail. You are a team player that leads by example and you take ownership of your responsibilities and special projects to ensure key deadlines are consistently met.
- 3-5 years of work experience in mechanic roles.
- Experience in processing plant equipment preferred
- Experience in welding, motors and electrical an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and time management capabilities with the ability to multitask.
- Organized and strong attention to detail.
- Strong Sense of initiative and self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Skills: 5 years (Required)
- Swift Current, SK (Required)