A multinational firm with offices all around Canada is currently seeking Construction Litigation Paralegal for their Vancouver BC office. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role! Knowledge of Relativity considered major asset for this role!
Responsibilities for this position range from:
- - Maintenance of both electronic and paper files as well as BF system
- - Prepare client reports and liaise directly with clients as well as expert witnesses
- - Identifying, requesting and monitoring lists of required productions and information from both client and opposing counsel
- - Document preparation from memoranda/briefs and motion materials to summaries of documentary evidence
- - The review and summary of discovery transcripts; managing undertakings and refusals; preparing discovery reports to clients
- - Research for key information and preparing binders containing relevant information
- - Instructing surveillance investigators, analyzing and preparing summaries of their reports
- - Trial/Arbitration preparation, including preparation of required notices and subpoenas;
- - Preparing bills of costs/costs outlines, and submitting forms to the Land Title Office, including claims of builders’ lien
- - Providing back-up coverage for team on pertinent deadlines as well as ensure team members have everything required for scheduled meetings, discoveries, mediations, arbitration hearings or court appearances
- - Other tasks as administered
- - A Paralegal Diploma from an accredited institution
- - A minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience in a similar role
- - Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and is technically savvy
- - A team player, able to work under pressure remain calm under certain time constraints
- - Strong organizational, investigative, fact-finding and problem-solving skills.
Sound like the next role for you? Apply directly to this posting or email us your Resume/CV to info(@)arlynrecruiting(.)com referencing job #1548!
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- similar and/or general litigation: 3 years (Required)