At Sonora Foods, we’re passionate about making the best tortillas. The best and nothing less. That’s what makes Sonora, Canada’s premium tortillas. And it’s a big part of why we’ve been growing steadily and successfully for over 25 years.
If you are looking for a challenging and integral role within a finance team, while being part of a company that treats their employees like family, we want to hear from you.
To learn more about us please visit www.sonorafoods.com.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, the Financial Analyst is responsible for performing general accounting/financial reporting duties, preparing and analysing financial statements, assisting with forecasting and budgeting, in addition to driving continuous improvements.
** Working onsite.
- Participate in month end, quarter end and year end close activities, including preparation of accruals and journal entries.
- Assist monthly closing of financial statements and provide monthly departmental financial variance analysis explaining the key drivers against budget and prior year.
- Create and maintain inventory bill of materials and ensuring accuracy of inventory.
- Work with other functional areas to coordinate physical counts and remedy inventory balances or control issues.
- Maintenance of the capital expenditures and depreciation schedules.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of annual sales and expense budget and forecasts.
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts.
- Work within the team to drive continuous improvements processes, tools, and reporting.
- Provide backup support to the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables.
- Perform bank reconciliations and correspondence journal entries.
- Participate in various financial projects.
- Other duties as required.
- Post secondary education in either Business/Accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years' related experience, private sector preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Intermediate level of Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong time management skills, with ability to prioritize workload.
- Openness to feedback.
- Self motivated and able to take initiative.
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
We offer a benefits plan (extended health, dental, life insurance and long term disability).
Sonora Foods Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care