The Crisis Response Worker will assist individuals experiencing a mental health crisis to resume community functioning. Specific responsibilities include information and referral assistance, crisis assessment, interventions and supports, brief crisis counseling and on-site crisis intervention. In addition, you will be part of a team assisting individuals to access mental health specialists and/or hospitals and to coordinate referrals, linkages and follow-up to appropriate community support services.
- Assisting individuals experiencing mental health crisis to resume community functioning
- Information and referral assistance
- crisis assessment, crisis interventions and supports
- Brief telephone crisis counseling and on-site crisis intervention provided in a person’s home or other community setting
- Intervention and stabilization support in a residential setting using a recovery-focused approach
- Being part of a team assisting individuals to access mental health specialists and/or hospitals and to coordinate referrals, linkages, and follow-up to appropriate community support services
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in the Health or Human Services Field.
- Applicants should demonstrate a good knowledge of community mental health and other social service resources and possess skills and experience in crisis assessment, intervention strategies, and crisis counselling/support.
Applicants must be available for shift work on weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and on short notice. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle. Police Clearance Certificate is required. Ability to speak French considered an asset.
For more information on this ad, please visit: _https://thunderbay.cmha.ca/news/
_Applications please include a resume, cover letter and 3 work related references
CMHA Thunder Bay is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including those with a lived experience, members of visible minorities, indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Casual