We are in immediate search of licensed 5th Year Apprentice. We are a non-union commercial electrical contractor working in the Greater Toronto area. The incumbent must be able to work independently.
This position is responsible for providing skilled labor relative to more complex electrical tasks and responsibilities associated with completing the electrical contract renovation or new building construction. Employees at this level have the ability to work independently and only require minimal supervision.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Completion of Advanced Apprenticeship Training.
- 8000 hours of work as an electrical apprentice.
- More advanced knowledge of electrical theory.
- Knowledge of distribution equipment and wiring methods.
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of trade-specific tools such as benders, hydraulic, K/O Punch, Tugger, Threading Machine, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of trade-specific material and how and when to use it appropriately.
- Good knowledge of commonly used electrical codes.
- Ability to use and reference the Canadian Electrical Code Book as necessary.
- Able to read, interpret and understand electrical, mechanical and architectural blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to use elevated work platforms safely.
- Tenacity and the determination to get things done.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead the work of others.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to troubleshoot issues independently.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with others.
- Company offers group benefits and deferred profit sharing
- **Salary is commensurate with experience**
- **Will work in the Greater Toronto area**
***APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED AND CONSIDERED THROUGH INDEED***
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $34.43-$42.08 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
We are following all the government guidelines and are also ensuring that the various sites are being monitored by the constructors and have all appropriate sanitation and protocols in place. We supply masks and gloves if required and any additional PPE s
- Do you live in or near Etobicoke or the Greater Toronto Area?
- How many "on the job" electrical apprenticeship hours have you completed?
- Do you have high-rise experience working on slab, suite rough-in, including boxing, piping and wire pulling? Also, experience installing fixtures, plugs, and switches? Please explain.
- Do you have Commercial experience in the following: Bending EMT conduit, underground PVC installations, 3 phase distribution equipment installation and wiring, equipment wiring such as HVAC equipment, electric motors, pumps, etc.? Please explain.
- high-rise: 1 year (required)
- slab: 1 year (required)
- Commercial: 1 year (required)
- on the job electrical apprenticeship: 3 years (required)
- Driver's License and reliable transportation (required)