Patrick Mechanical Ltd. is a Sudbury based contracting company founded in 1989. Over the years, we have established ourselves in the industrial, commercial and institutional contracting fields. Our specialties include mechanical contracting, custom steel fabrication, plumbing, heating, process piping, millwright and related services. Patrick Mechanical produces some of the finest and most multifaceted fabrication in Northern Ontario.
Everyday, Patrick Mechanical Limited employees work together to meet and exceed the level of satisfaction our customers expect, always keeping safety first. We are able to deliver the quality of service and commitment to safety by employing individuals that share our company’s missions and values. Our company places ourselves ahead of the competition by consistently delivering exceptional customer service.
\If you ask any of our employees why they work here and they will tell you, it’s a great company to work for, and the teamwork and morale of Patrick Mechanical Limited, is why they stay here.
We are pleased to offer the full time position of Mechanical Estimator. With over thirty years in Sudbury, Patrick Mechanical Limited is very proud to offer this exciting career opportunity.
As an Estimator at PML you will :
- Be responsible for preparing estimates including take offs
- Review and Interpret specifications and drawings and determine scope of work including scheduling and project planning
- Extensive knowledge of the standard methods, materials and equipment used in Industrial setting
- Ability to plan, assign & monitor projects
- Be able to provide knowledge of equipment rates
- Prepare detailed estimates ,labor and material costs
- Prepare final estimates and analyze each section for scope, pricing and completeness, prepare bill of material , select sub trades and utilize take off procedures, follow up, project management
- Maintain files of working documents as back up
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
- Follow Patrick Mechanical Policies and Procedures
A successful Estimator has the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Mechanical, Commercial, Industrial Technology program and/or equivalent experience
- Experience in Microsoft Project or other estimating software, Take-off packages, project management
- Strong communication, math, writing, computer and reading skills.
- Excellent team player who supports continuous development
- Customer service oriented
- **A STRONG commitment to SAFETY**
- Life Insurance
- Company Match Retirement Plan
Job Type: Full-time
- estimating: 1 year (Preferred)