We are a well-established mid-size local accounting firm in Ottawa with clients across Canada. Our clients are small to mid-size private corporations, not for profit and charitable entities, Estates and Trusts and individuals. Our services include accounting, controllership, business management services, financial statement preparation, assurance, income and commodity taxation and more. We are a paperless office that uses and values technology. Our people remain the driving force behind our continued success. At Andrews & Co. you can expect to have a rewarding and exciting career. We take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, paid personal days, health and dental benefits and firm sponsored events in a team environment. If you are looking for professional growth opportunities in the east end of Ottawa, we would love to meet you!
We are a member firm of Nexia International, a leading worldwide network of independent accounting firms, providing clients with national and international audit, accounting, tax and advisory services in a cohesive, personal and customized matter. What does this mean for you? Being apart of Nexia International provides opportunities to attend staff training, global conferences and offers unique networking opportunities. Additionally, once a year we participate in Nexia Day Worldwide, a global event which allows us to give back to our respective communities and show our appreciation to our staff.
We are currently looking for an Entry Level Accountant to join our Hartel Financial Management Corporation team. As a team member, you will be responsible for providing accounting and bookkeeping services, answering questions, reconciliations, government remittance preparation as well as financial reporting. Team members will also travel to the client location.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full cycle accounting, including accounts payable and receivables using Simply/QuickBooks/Adagio/Sage300
- GST/QST sales tax reconciliation and preparation of government remittances
- Processing payroll, reconciliation and preparation of government remittances
- Tourism tax government remittances
- Bank reconciliation (both manual and software prepared)
- Financial reporting and distribution to various parties
- Identifying, processing and recording capital and investment asset purchases and dispositions
- Liaising and training clients in bookkeeping/accounting
- Ability to travel to clients’ location to perform all of the above if required
- Preparation of T4/T5/T5018/WSIB/RL-1/ROE and similar forms
- Light administrative duties including organization and filing of client information
- Use of Excel/Word/Caseware/Simply SAP/PowerPoint etc.
- Audit preparation and adjustments
- Investment bookkeeping
- Inter-fund reconciliations
- Ability to speak French would be considered a strong asset
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized business program
- You are detail oriented, organized and can work independently
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to speak and write in English and French
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
We thank you for your time and interest in Andrews & Co. and we look forward to hearing from you. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time