We are now hiring for the part time position of Administrative Assistant/Social Media Manager/Writer. Our virtual head office is located in Chilliwack, BC; however, the right candidate for this position can live anywhere in Canada.
Please note: You MUST be a yoga teacher or have strong knowledge of yoga to apply for this job.
This is a work from home position that starts at 5-7 hours a week, with the potential to increase to 10 per week by fall/winter 2020. Most of the work can be done anytime so hours are flexible. This is a great position for a yoga teacher looking for extra income.
- Writing and preparing social media posts on our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn (using Hootsuite) & Instagram accounts
- Helping us strategically grow our social media accounts & followers
- Writing blog posts for our website (using Wordpress)
- Writing and preparing our monthly newsletter (using Wordpress)
- Writing/sending out press releases for the media
- Other miscellaneous administrative tasks such as promotions, organizing events, online research, community relations, basic data entry, posting ads online and mor
- Weekly 30 minute phone meeting with our president
There is NO sales involved in this position.
- Keen knowledge of yoga is essential for content writing so you must be a certified yoga teacher OR have strong knowledge/experience with yoga
- Must have own computer & internet connection
- Must have a mobile phone to publish posts on Instagram
- Prior knowledge of Wordpress is an asset, but not necessary - training will be provided
- Must have keen attention to detail and be highly detail oriented
- Must be organized, efficient, a great speller, excellent writer, clear communicator and have strong administrative skills
- Prior knowledge/experience with social media is a MUST
- Prior knowledge/experience with Wordpress is an asset
Position could start ASAP, late June to early July OR in late July (our director will be away for part of July so is unavailable for training). Paid training will be provided.
As a contractor, any additional costs incurred from working from home (such as internet, phone data, etc) are the responsibility of the individual. All costs necessary for this position (Hootsuite, Wordpress etc are paid for by our company).
Ideally this positive, outgoing individual will be an asset to our team, and will grow with us as we expand.
Our vision is to bring the many benefits of yoga to thousands of companies across North America.
If you are someone who is passionate about yoga, a great writer, super detailed and are looking to make some extra cash (and love the idea of working from home and making your own hours), we would love for you to apply.
Please forward us your resume if interested, subject line “Application-Admin Assistant”, along with a cover letter stating why you would be a great candidate for this position.
Please, NO phone calls at this time.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- yoga teaching: 1 year (Preferred)