At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Director, Operations and Digital Experience, Group Benefits
Permanent Full Time
We are currently working remotely and will be moving to a hybrid model when our office renovation is complete (approximately November 2023), coming into the office 25% on designated days.
The CMX (Client-Member Experience) Business Consultant, Group Benefits, takes the end-to-end digital experience to our members, sponsors and advisors in a way that precisely meets their distinct needs by collaborating with team members to research, recommend and implement optimal solutions that support the client’s journey.
The CMX BC seeks to understand business requirements, technical limitations, financial metrics, and operational process impacts to our toughest challenges and can support new and innovative ideas to elevate our client and partner digital experiences with data analysis, solid roIe opportunities and “good-ol’-fashioned” business analysis. If understanding a challenge through research, and then crafting a solution through collaboration is what inspires you at work, then we want to hear from you.
What you will be doing:As a core team member of the GB CMX strategy, you will:
What you will bring:
- Partner with the Product Owner to facilitate the product vision by researching optimal solutions including new products, process changes, training, modifications to business rules, and implementation of new technology.
- Leverage data to develop compelling stories to accompany solution recommendations.
- Work with business partners to identify return on investment opportunities.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and capabilities and make constructive suggestions for change, champion new ideas.
- Elicit, translate, and document business needs into simple, elegant, and coherent requirements that follow user journeys, from concept through implementation.
- Monitor key performance indicators for our digital experiences.
- Engage with external partners and clients directly to understand their needs.
- Stay on top of current and emerging digital trends, bringing new and innovative ideas to elevate our client and partner digital experiences.
- Participate in strategic planning through creation of feasibility studies and business cases.
- Conduct in-depth process analysis and propose how existing processes can be transformed through automation and digitization, leveraging Microsoft Visio to map both current and future state processes and identify where new key controls are required to support process changes.
- 10 years as a Lead Business Analyst or Systems Analyst on large IT projects, in the financial services or insurance industry
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capability, with the ability to define and resolve complex issues.
- Strong experience in Process Redesign, including data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
- Proven success in the development and implementation of training programs
- Strong organization skills and well-developed project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to write business cases, project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Knowledge and experience with agile development
- Experience developing non-functional requirements (e.g., application performance, scalability, throughput)
- The ability to work both at a conceptual/strategic level and at a detailed level.
Superior documentation & presentation skills (written and verbal)
What’s in it for you:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification as a minimum
- A selection of Business Analyst, Product Owner, Project Management certifications or courses as part of your continuing education, preferred
- Proficient in use of Visio or similar process mapping software applications
- Experience with Miro
- HP ALM/Quality Center
- Power BI experience
- Deep experience with Agile ways of working.
- A healthy work-life balance with employee wellness top of mind
- Annual bonus program, annual vacation allowance, and company-paid benefits program
- An additional paid volunteer day each year so you can spend time giving back to the community
- Immediate enrollment in the company’s pension program with employer matching
- Employee resource groups that support an inclusive work environment
- Tuition support and specialized program assistance
- A company subsidized cafeteria with a variety of daily options
- Discounts on company products and services, and access to exclusive employee perks
- Regular EQ Together events focused on company togetherness and collaboration
As part of the recruitment/offer process you will be required to:
- Provide two professional references (minimum one supervisor and above)
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at [email protected]
if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.