CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Manager, Revenue Governance is responsible for managing day-to-day revenue governance to ensure client satisfaction, a consistent client experience and billing operational efficiency/control, also works to achieve a reduction of risks/losses in related functions. Revenue Governance includes creating and issuing indicative client fee schedules to Business Development and Relationship Management by utilizing discretion and sensitivity, implementing fee schedules with other groups within Finance, conducting monthly analysis on selected clients to identify revenue and invoicing accuracy, working directly with client contacts on accounts receivable collections, etc.
Liaises with Business Development and Relationship Management, Client On-boarding Directors, and other business unit departments to ensure seamless and timely implementation of client fee schedules in line with departmental processes.
- Acts as the point contact between Sales, Relationship Managers, , internal departments and clients on all fee related issues and queries
- Conducts revenue and billinganalysis to identify revenue generating opportunities on new and existing products and services
- Works with Sales, Service Directors, Account Managers and Client Onboarding Directors to implement fee schedules timely and accurately
- Collaborates with senior members of Finance teams on revenue analysis and revenue recoup plans
- Works with Product department upon launch of new client product/service to reflect applicable rate in fee schedule template and ensures templates are up to date
- Partners with applicable operational departments to ensure that services resulting from a new product offering flow through the internal billing system as a chargeable service to the client
- Engages senior contacts with client to collect on aged receivables
- Tracks, monitors, co-ordinates and reports out on fee related activity including accounts receivable, orphaned accounts, etc.
- Works with Sales, Relationship Managers, Client Onboarding Directors, Legal and other internal departments, SLAs and reporting requirements relating to billing.
- Responds to escalated client inquiries, resolves problems, manages billing administrative/ revenue operational issues and regularly monitors accounts to ensure client satisfaction and adherence to service level standards.
- Works directly with clients on invoice issues. Advocates for the client and seeks resolution with appropriate internal parties
Audit Standards & Risk Control
- Maintains understanding of services and the client’s business profile as it relates to the team’s accountabilities to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies and procedures.
- Acts as gatekeeper for fee schedule templates and the client fee schedule repository utilizing discretion and confidentiality
- Minimizes risk and operational losses by reviewing policies and procedures to ensure that critical controls are in place.
- Participates in department related projects as needed
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- University degree or equivalent education with a concentration in business, finance or accounting
- 3-5 years’ progressive experience in financial services operations or client facing roles
- Demonstrated client service experience
- Canadian Securities Course, Trust & Custody Services; CPBI courses an asset
- Strong MS Office software skills; demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel etc. - Organized, detail oriented, analytical
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task & meet deadlines
- Adaptability to a changing environment
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better