YLaw continues to expand, and we are now looking forward to welcoming intermediate paralegals or legal assistants to our Surrey location on a hybrid model basis.
We provide excellent compensation, benefits, work-life balance, and a great team of lawyers, paralegals, and support staff as described above. You would work with 1-2 family or estate lawyers/partners on a full-time, hybrid basis – meaning approximately 2 days from the office and 2 days from home. Our days off are generally Wednesdays.
The ideal candidate would:
- Be community-oriented meaning someone who wants to give, work with others, and have the best interests of not just themselves but the entire group in mind;
- Be extremely detail-oriented and organized;
- Be familiar with BC Supreme Court and BC Provincial Court Rules, court forms, and litigation steps;
- Have 2-20 years of legal assistant or paralegal experience in litigation, preferably in family law or estates;
- Be fun, communicative, and a team player;
- Want to work in a meaningful environment and on a long-term basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC V3S 5K7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Surrey, BC V3S 5K7